Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interested in a MS, but I live 115 miles away from service center. Should I be concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Michigan, where Tesla is basically illegal. Closest SC is in Cleveland, so like 3 hours. When my door handle broke 2 weeks into ownership, they sent a ranger to fix it while I was at work. While fixing the handle, the window got screwed up so they had to come to my house to fix that. Pretty painless overall, only caveat is that you usually have to wait a few days for repair.

As far as cost, since it was a warranty repair, they didn't charge that distance fee. Maybe they do as a "laziness tax" if you're close enough that you should go to the SC?

Living a distance from a service center probably would not have stopped me from purchasing. Now that I have owned for several years, I am glad I have one close. I have an early car so I have had lots of things replaced. Tesla service has been great but sometimes uneven as they expand.

For me it's an easy 1.5 hour one way drive. I'm on the fence about this. If you were in my position, would you pull the trigger?

Some problems are real and some are a state of mind. If you prefer perfection, then I think you'd only frustrate yourself. If you are more tolerant of the gives/takes of technology-driven devices, then I think you'd not only adapt nicely but you'd not be disappointed either.