Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Decor Choice: obeche matte vs gloss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have just paid the deposit for S85. It's MC red with black leather/white alcantara,but I am struggling between obeche gloss vs matte。cf doesn't look appealing to me, and I actually like obeche matte better, but is worrying that the matte surface would get scratched easier. So to the matte owner: how durable is the matte decor?

One note about the matte, I tried a suction cup mount for a phone, and placed it on the wood. It seemed to stick very well, but over a bit of time, it weakened to the point of falling off. I'm guessing the non-uniform surface allows air to creep in, thus weakening the suction. I still like it, would just like it more if it held my phone! (with the alcantara on the dash, it limits mounting options further).

I went with Matte, I drove a test car with Gloss and the reflections from the sun were killing me, with the Pano and in Florida it didn't seem as good a combo. Plus with the sun on it, you can see any dirt and dust even when clean! I also agree that matte seems more modern FWIW.

After going to the store to compare the matte and gloss with grey interior, I changed my order from matte to gloss. But, I think matte looks great with black and if you're leaning toward matte - do Matte! I believe that both are durable.

Who is touching their trim? Lol, I've never had a reason to get fingerprints on the trim, much less scratched it. I've also never been blinded by reflection of my glossy obeche. The matte is also beautiful and I struggled with this same decision. I don't regret going with gloss, but have a feeling I wouldn't have regretted going with matte, either. I think you'll be happy with your matte.

Who is touching their trim? Lol, I've never had a reason to get fingerprints on the trim, much less scratched it. I've also never been blinded by reflection of my glossy obeche. The matte is also beautiful and I struggled with this same decision. I don't regret going with gloss, but have a feeling I wouldn't have regretted going with matte, either. I think you'll be happy with your matte.

I have the old vertical style matte, but really I could easily get used to (and be happy with) with gloss or horizonal style.

The only thing I personally would not get is piano black. I just don't like it as much as the warmth of the wood.