TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

iOS SiriKit intents work!

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by mhp_, Nov 5, 2017.

1. mhp_

mhp_ Member

I couldn’t find a previous post about this:

Looks like the SiriKit intents for lock/unlock, battery level, visual and audible indicators were added to the Tesla iOS app at some point. None of the release notes mention it.

Details if interested
    Car Commands | Apple Developer Documentation

7224281F-9EB6-4D52-82D4-3DB772A8DD14.png 9416D60F-7974-4489-BA79-F50D1169EC27.png 90E07175-EE98-4F74-A014-95A62A1666AD.png

• Informative x 3
  2. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Cool. It works :)

3. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

Sweet, it does indeed work

4. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-LR M3AWD

Yeah, real useful:

Me: “Identify my car”
    Siri: “OK, l’ve unlocked it.”

(I was looking for commands to switch between two cars)

• Funny x 1
  5. gaswalla

gaswalla Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery

Thanks!! This is cool.

6. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

I noticed when I picked up the 3.2.1 app update that it contained Siri support (way down at the bottom on the App Store entry)...I was wondering if that was new or what. Maybe that's one of the improvement, as in "contains minor fixes and improvements". This seems like more of a cute parlor trick than anything useful, but yeah it's cool that I unlock my car by talking to my phone.

Bruce.

7. Troyrod

Troyrod Member

Lock/unlock and check charge level are the only commands that Siri recognized for me. Good start!

8. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Honk the car horn worked for me.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

I was able to check the battery level, lock and unlock, flash the lights and honk the horn. Although honking the horn or flashing the lights requires activating audio and visual signals respectively each time.

• Informative x 1
  10. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Thats aweosome...but it won't let me summon

11. Joe F

Joe F Disruption is hard.

The problem is, anytime someone on TV or radio says the magic words, as they always seem to do with Alexa , your car responds. I suspect the first time it happens the Siri hook gets disabled, at least for me. :)

I got tired of hearing random Alexa examples on CNBC triggering the device that I turned it off. Will change the wake word I guess, and voice training will probably help.

12. bmah

Siri doesn’t work that way. It needs to be trained for your voice saying “Hey Siri” (or you need to tell it to listen by holding the iphones home button).

Bruce.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. mal_tsla

mal_tsla Member

unless your phone is sitting around unlocked all the time without you looking at it, there's no risk of someone else saying something and making it act upon your car.

If someone does fool Siri into recognizing the voice, it just prompts for Touch ID / Passcode.

This might become a problem with Siri when HomePod comes out, but for now this problem is mostly constrained to "Always Ready" assistants like Alexa/Google Home.

14. Joe F

Joe F Disruption is hard.

True, but, it’s not sophisticated, or lat least wasn’t when I tried it over a year ago. I had my wife defeat it by trying to match my voice tone wise, and it worked. IOS must have gotten better as we just tried it again and it failed. Good news. :)

Ah yeah, guess I overlooked that point. Thanks for the reminder! :)

• Informative x 1
  15. bmah

That's an interesting finding...to be honest I never tried faking it out. I'm sure that specific experiment would not have worked for us because my wife and I have very different accents. :D

Bruce.

16. mhp_

mhp_ Member

The API does have a method for handling multiple cars and resolving the car name. Try using the names you’ve assigned to them.

• Informative x 1
  17. araxara

With names like “Alex’s Model S” and “Wendy’s Model X”, phrasing things correctly and not confusing it with contact names makes getting the right command sequence hard. Also, it seem you need the word “car” in the Siri command and whatever I try results in a suggestion for a web search.

18. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I can do lock/unlock. but

"what is the battery level" just shows me my phone battery level..?

19. araxara

Use “what is the battery level of my car” or “what is battery level of car” or “what is the car battery level”. You need “car” or “vehicle” in your phrase

20. Jonas_man

Jonas_man Member

My app did this for a long time..
    At least my app works with siri on apple watch!
    So watch out guys. Soon apple watch app because tesla is copying my apps all the time :D

Key for Tesla on the App Store

• Like x 1