Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS Widget for TeslaFi/Teslamate/TeslaLogger via Scriptable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you imported the supercharger destinations? Imported destination charger locations? Setup an automated backup? (if you haven't, hold off on that one, as I'm tweaking it!).

Back to the TeslaMate mega thread with you! :)

I wasn't going to bother with the charger locations, back ups etc for now.

So I have Teslamate setup and can get data via Grafana Dashboards.. great. Now I want to use the iOS widget via Scriptable... again, sorry the instructions don't seem to be clear to me so not sure what I need to do next.

I wasn't going to bother with the charger locations, back ups etc for now.

So I have Teslamate setup and can get data via Grafana Dashboards.. great. Now I want to use the iOS widget via Scriptable... again, sorry the instructions don't seem to be clear to me so not sure what I need to do next.

Ah, sorry, I thought you meant you'd sorted this completely :)

OK, so you've put the docker lines into docker-compose, have you then run docker-compose up -d to get Landro's docker image to install?

If so, go to a browser and put in the following: http://yourserveripaddress:3040/car/1?api_key=monkeytennis

Replacing yourserveripaddress with either the ip of your hosted box, or either the grafana.domain.com or tm.domain.com you've used. Replace monkeytennis with your unique api key you created

Assuming you see JSON output there, you can then move onto getting this working on your phone.

Install the scriptable app, once done you can copy over the TeslaData Widget.js and tesla_data folders over to the scriptable folder on iCloud. When you open Scriptable next, you should see the TeslaData widget available as a script.

I personally then had to edit the parameters.js file within the tesla_data folder and hardcode in the API url (the one you tried above), removing the // at the start to stop it from being ignored.

After that you can add a scriptable widget to your desktop, choose the TeslaData widget, Run Script and done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, sorry, I thought you meant you'd sorted this completely :)

OK, so you've put the docker lines into docker-compose, have you then run docker-compose up -d to get Landro's docker image to install?

If so, go to a browser and put in the following: http://yourserveripaddress:3040/car/1/?api_key=monkeytennis

Moderator comment - removed problematical / to keep inline with edited QP

Replacing yourserveripaddress with either the ip of your hosted box, or either the grafana.domain.com or tm.domain.com you've used. Replace monkeytennis with your unique api key you created

Assuming you see JSON output there, you can then move onto getting this working on your phone.

Install the scriptable app, once done you can copy over the TeslaData Widget.js and tesla_data folders over to the scriptable folder on iCloud. When you open Scriptable next, you should see the TeslaData widget available as a script.

I personally then had to edit the parameters.js file within the tesla_data folder and hardcode in the API url (the one you tried above), removing the // at the start to stop it from being ignored.

After that you can add a scriptable widget to your desktop, choose the TeslaData widget, Run Script and done!

No worries :)

I'm still chuckling at money tennis haha.

Ok so when I browse to the URL with my details I get 404 not found.

docker-compose is up but looking at the output the Landro's container isn't in root like the others so not sure if that is causing the issue?

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 13.11.40.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries :)

I'm still chuckling at money tennis haha.

Ok so when I browse to the URL with my details I get 404 not found.

docker-compose is up but looking at the output the Landro's container isn't in root like the others so not sure if that is causing the issue?

View attachment 626858

An Alan Partridge special :)

If you run docker ps - do you see telamate_mqtt_api showing as running?

Might just flash the server and start again.

Let's see if we can figure it out first if you've already done the leg work!

Taking a while to reply in-between work and the hell that is home schooling :)

Not sure what else to try at this point, if you are happy to PM me the URL I can see if I can spot if there's anything wrong, but understand if you don't want to.

Sorry mate, already gone ahead and did a fresh install. It doesn't take long to blast through the commands :)
Still getting 404 error... will PM you as well.View attachment 626889
I was playing with something similar but for Android over the weekend. Longshot but try changing the car id in the URL. My car's ID was 2 instead of 1. Got a feeling that may increment each time you do a new install of TeslaMate.

I was playing with something similar but for Android over the weekend. Longshot but try changing the car id in the URL. My car's ID was 2 instead of 1. Got a feeling that may increment each time you do a new install of TeslaMate.

I *think* the car ID is about how many are on the account, it shouldn't go up. Just in case though I tried going through up to 10 on the URL with no joy

I'm a bit stumped with this @Landro we could do with your expertise please :)

The URL that uncleiven sent me returns the 404 as pictured, however it does exist, if you tweak with the values like api key, it returns that there is a missing / incorrect api etc.. if you change to https on the same url as an example, it simply isn't available, so it's the service returning the error.