TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

iPhone won't pair with Tesla if Apple Watch is locked

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by reddy, Jun 14, 2015.

1. reddy

reddy Member

For those of you who use an Apple Watch, have you noticed that sometimes your iPhone fails to pair with your Tesla ?

I initially thought this was a problem with a firmware update (I'm on .239) , but then realized it happened only when I had forgotten to unlock my Apple Watch when putting it on in the morning.

Once I unlocked the Apple Watch, the Tesla instantly pairs with the iPhone.

Initially I thought this behavior might be by design, but it really makes no sense. If the phone WITHOUT a watch would pair, why should the presence of a locked Apple Watch prevent pairing?

I haven't seen this described before, so I thought I'd share it in case other users find the same behavior.

2. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Interesting. I never lock my watch so I wouldn't experience this.

3. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

I’ve had random pairing issues with my iPhone 6 plus with V6.2 (2.4.39), but my watch has been unlocked during those times.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed that but I always unlock my Watch when I put it on my wrist after I get up in the morning.