Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPod/iPhone integration question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but I coulnd't seem to find a definitive answer.

For the purposes of infotainment, how do iPhones/iPods (and Android) phones integrate when they are plugged in via USB?

I understand you can stream music via Bluetooth, but curious how the car handle's a regular wired connection. I read elsewhere that it doesn't.

Just curious what sorts of display (i.e. album art) and control (playlists, etc) are available (which my current BMW doesn't offer much via Bluetooth).

Thanks! Just went on my first test drive and getting close to placing an order...

iDevices are integrated with the display via bluetooth. You can select artists and songs from the touchscreen. Plugging into the USB port will give you a charge but has no other impact.

Go ahead and place the order, you know you want to :smile:

iDevices are integrated with the display via bluetooth. You can select artists and songs from the touchscreen. Plugging into the USB port will give you a charge but has no other impact.

Using an android with bluetooth, I get pause/play fast forward, backwards. But no song/artists. Does anyone using an android get artist list etc on android? I'd love to be able to select that on bluetooth.

I have to say that my Telsa setup for my iPhone with the USB is better than my other cars. I like the fact that the USB doesn't actually "connect" to the sound system but only charges the iPhone. On my other cars, this connects the music to the car and you have to control which song to play using car's UI system. This really stinks, because for me, it us easier to control songs on the iPhone itself. With the Tesla, I can charge the phone and still use the bluetooth connection for song playback.

If you have the iphone playing Spotify/Pandora, can you skip songs, switch stations, pause, etc. through the steering wheel scrollwheel or touchscreen? Or does that just work with the normal iTunes library on the phone?