Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wauw... Great reply Mars1.
Thanks a lot.

A great looking cam, can now be installed the right way, in my great looking car :)
You´re wiring from the mirrors connection, right... Or where do you find 12v 24/7

Have anyone tried it in the X model?

Kasper.

My friend has told me these units from china are horrible, software is very flakey, camera resolution is meh, and recommended me to just fork over the expensive cost in a blackvue, because getting one you will not have buyers remorse.

He's had one, and ended up replacing it with a blackvue.
The 750s does 1080 @ 60fps, and there is a lot of reasons on why most tesla owners recommend and swear by blackvue.

But his advice was either i go all out and get a blackvue, or go cheaper and pickup a garmin.
But avoid this brand. You can read some of the feedback from amazon here.
https://www.amazon.com/Dashcam-Nove...qid=1522053969&sr=1-8&keywords=tesla+dash+cam
+
https://www.amazon.com/Topfit-Custo...rd_wg=NELgW&psc=1&refRID=Y51ENZ7PKCE2F225E3RW

Last edited:
24/7 12 Volt is behind this.
it is the middle plug.

ED0BBAC9-8C9C-44F9-AC91-85B533E93B47.jpeg

446E579F-478F-4A75-9866-3AD60238BC27.jpeg

CA6C235E-A933-4AFF-872B-DFCCD0F60202.jpeg

B93EFC77-4203-401E-8B1A-23DBDAEB223F.jpeg

I have Iro as well. It works without any issues from the beginning. The quality of the video is average but high enough to see license plates in case of an accident. Installation is plug and play. Worth the money, my 2 cents...

Wauw... Great reply Mars1.
Thanks a lot.

A great looking cam, can now be installed the right way, in my great looking car :)
You´re wiring from the mirrors connection, right... Or where do you find 12v 24/7

Have anyone tried it in the X model?

Kasper.
Picked up new X yesterday and have it installed right away. It looks good on model X as well. Took some test videos and pics, but it was already too dark in garage. Will check video quality after my wife reach back home. Took exactly 5 min for installation. I will try 128GB card, however as per documentation it supports upto 64GB, but will checkout.

IRO Dashcam Ebay stock was replenished for Model S AP2 so I purchased and am planning to install using constant 12v, but will be trying it out with a wireless remote switch I can use in conjunction with Homelink. There are places I don't want to record continuously, such as my garage so I want an auto-switch capability. I will report back with results after everything is delivered and installed.

IRO Dashcam Ebay stock was replenished for Model S AP2 so I purchased and am planning to install using constant 12v, but will be trying it out with a wireless remote switch I can use in conjunction with Homelink. There are places I don't want to record continuously, such as my garage so I want an auto-switch capability. I will report back with results after everything is delivered and installed.
I ordered four days ago, received it today for my 2016 S90D AP2. Offered $200 and seller accepted that price. As others have noted, only hard part of installing is getting the oem plastic mirror trim off, after that is super easy. I’m happy with it only powered when car is on. Very nice, wireless connection to iOS/Android apps for downloading and viewing. Thanks for the links and discussions.

anyone know where I can get a wiring harness for an AP 2.5 s75D?

Or are there part numbers on the wiring harness that comes with this cam?

Thanks
t
IRO Dash Cam is plug & play. No other parts needed. Everything you need is in the box. No wires to cut, however, it only records when power is on which is a dealbreaker for some people. Works great for my needs.

I know...but I want to use the harness that comes with the Camera to install a radar detector using the 12V switched from the mirror. Easier to tap the wires on the harness rather than the factory wires.

Anyone that hardwired their camera have the harness lying around?