Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Irritated after 4 days of SR ownership.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty funny how a thread on me buying a THIRD Tesla led to discussing what happens when Tesla goes bankrupt?

Ford not only made a profit but beat the street.

You don’t see investors rushing in to double their capitalization.

Fords EV mustang going on to beat 3.5 for under 70K, can supercharge, beat AP, and play Atari games?

Tesla has great PEG even if PE is negative.

• Love
Reactions: Talax74 and dmurphy
Personally I love the fact that when I get my Model 3 Performance it will look basically the same as every other Tesla driving around. No need to draw attention with oversized fender flares, huge spoilers or bling bling wheels. You can keep your craptastic badging too. If they have the Duel Motor badging sorted out when I get mine it will be coming right off when I get the PPF. I don't need that crap to make me feel special, all it will take is proper application of the right pedal.
Well if you choose to be boring and vanilla that’s your prerogative. Not even sure why you’re coming at me with that tough guy attitude but okay...

And it’s ‘Dual’ not Duel.

• Disagree
Reactions: untilcomplete
Well if you choose to be boring and vanilla that’s your prerogative. Not even sure why you’re coming at me with that tough guy attitude but okay...

And it’s ‘Dual’ not Duel.
That’s the joy of Internet forums or texting as a medium for communication. No “tough guy attitude” intended. I’m not saying I disrespect your views, I just have my own. I remember even as a kid I couldn’t stand all the badges on cars that pretty much highlighted uninteresting options on vehicles. I like a clean car with no needless fluff. If it contributes to the performance of the vehicle that’s different. And yes, I find correct spelling challenging when typing fast. Hell even when not typing fast.

Last edited:
He's saying the car is the same for half the cost. But we already knew that - unless you are accelerating hard, it's basically the same vehicle. His SR will also get better range for the kwh because of the 18" aeros and single motor.

I had both, was sold when i drove track mode on a rainy day in Irvine. Whoever is stating is the same car, you are insane. A 7seconds car is NOT the same as a 5.5 seconds car which is not the same as a 3 seconds car and from what I saw the roadster video.. it wont be same as a 2 seconds car. Well if car is a thing that take you from point A and B, no matter for how long then they are the same.

And yes, if you drive like a Prius always, is the same car. I just wanted to have a camera on other drivers face behind me, i bet i am selling a lot of Teslas in my neighborhood.

I had both, was sold when i drove track mode on a rainy day in Irvine. Whoever is stating is the same car, you are insane. A 7seconds car is NOT the same as a 5.5 seconds car which is not the same as a 3 seconds car and from what I saw the roadster video.. it wont be same as a 2 seconds car. Well if car is a thing that take you from point A and B, no matter for how long then they are the same.

And yes, if you drive like a Prius always, is the same car. I just wanted to have a camera on other drivers face behind me, i bet i am selling a lot of Teslas in my neighborhood.

It's the same seats, same interior, same steering wheel, same everything. What you get is higher voltage to the motors. Which is cool, but most driving isn't spent accelerating. And we also all know high discharge rates leads to shortened battery life.

This is not true. Tesla could file chapter 11 bankruptcy just like GM did in 2009. Is there really any doubt that Tesla would be a viable business without all the debt?
Arguably some Tesla owners might be better off if that happens because Tesla would be able to get rid of free unlimited supercharging. :p
Lots of American car companies have gone out of business in the last 100 years. Tesla’s future is far from risk free.

Elon is a great visionary...and a terrible businessman. Tesla needs a COO in a bad way.
Possibly, but they have been doubling their sales year over year. I think that would be difficult for any customer service oriented business to handle. It’s hard to find good help. Could you imagine how hard it would be to find enough qualified people to make everything go smoothly?

Possibly, but they have been doubling their sales year over year. I think that would be difficult for any customer service oriented business to handle. It’s hard to find good help. Could you imagine how hard it would be to find enough qualified people to make everything go smoothly?
The product is why they were doubling sales. Now it's about executing. The production and shipping international fiasco last quarter shows they need some help.

Lots of American car companies have gone out of business in the last 100 years. Tesla’s future is far from risk free.
Can’t compare Tesla to other car companies. The car companies that you speak of was not differentiating themselves. They were just selling basically the same car under a different brand, leading to their ultimate demise. Tesla is offering a very different product with a different driving experience. Even if Elon can’t make this company successful, many other companies with deep pockets will be interested in an acquisition.

I did too as I struggled to justify spending almost $10,000 more for just a few updates and 50% more range. However, I realized that the added range would only have been useful 1 time in the past 5 years, so it came down to how badly I wanted those few extra features. I Really wanted the 1/2 second faster 0-60, but again, do I really need that... :)
So I haven’t finished this thread yet but what did you go with? Having a hard time trying to justify the extra 10k as well...

So I haven’t finished this thread yet but what did you go with? Having a hard time trying to justify the extra 10k as well...

I will be picking up my SR tomorrow. I'm expecting to get an SR+ that will be software limited in the future, but based upon what I've been reading, the front heated seats should remain (a required feature for me living in Wisconsin), since they were part of the original SR spec and there's an official Tesla flyer going around listing that feature as well. I'm also hoping that Tesla will enable a la carte options in the future for things like streaming audio, enabling all of the installed speakers, fog lights, rear heated seats, etc.. IMHO it'd be foolish not to as they desperately need cash, and this would be a very easy way to do it.
As for the range, we will see, but I'm sure that I'll be fine until winter and then it will be interesting to see how big a bite the cold weather takes out of the range.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
I will be picking up my SR tomorrow. I'm expecting to get an SR+ that will be software limited in the future, but based upon what I've been reading, the front heated seats should remain (a required feature for me living in Wisconsin), since they were part of the original SR spec and there's an official Tesla flyer going around listing that feature as well. I'm also hoping that Tesla will enable a la carte options in the future for things like streaming audio, enabling all of the installed speakers, fog lights, rear heated seats, etc.. IMHO it'd be foolish not to as they desperately need cash, and this would be a very easy way to do it.
As for the range, we will see, but I'm sure that I'll be fine until winter and then it will be interesting to see how big a bite the cold weather takes out of the range.

So why not just get the SR+ that guarantees all those features?

Finally hopped back in the seat of the 3P since the 3SR is having some tint and chrome delete work done.

It sure is nice to be able to outmaneuver every other car on the streets.

<3.3 seconds 0-60 will always maintain a level of value and awesomeness.

If finances allow, I would not rule out a AWD or P Model if you are a person of little patience and wants to GTFO when stuck behind some other slow cars.

• Love
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Finally hopped back in the seat of the 3P since the 3SR is having some tint and chrome delete work done.

If finances allow, I would not rule out a AWD or P Model if you are a person of little patience and wants to GTFO when stuck behind some other slow cars.
I fit the description but it is out of my reach. :(

Seven years with the Roadster, I certainly know what you mean. However, for getting around slow cars, merging into traffic, etc., the 5.5 seconds (?) of the RWD LR Model 3 is quite sufficient. And hard acceleration eats tires. This is partly sour grapes because I really wanted the P AWD. But it is a consolation that my tires might last longer than a year with my non-P.