Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRS now using EPA definition of SUV [02.03.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy1245

1675437406468.png

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
This sounds like good news for some people who purchased before the price drops too where I believe Model Y LR was starting around $66k and Performance $70k:

Customers who have purchased and placed in service vehicles since January 1, 2023, that qualify under the EPA Fuel Economy Labeling classification standard announced today and who satisfy the other clean vehicle tax credit requirements can claim the credit, including customers with vehicles that did not qualify under the prior EPA CAFE standard.​

Ugh. Probably never been a better time to buy a MYP. Still around $60K configured with grey paint, white interior and tow hitch. With 5.4% interest rate that's still over $1,000 payment. That said getting the $7,500 back is flat out AWESOME.. and the overall price has never been cheaper.

Will certainly give this some LONG thought tonite. Might wake up with a new car order :)

Reactions: Pricedm
Makes sense why Ford didn't drop the price of the extended range Mach-e below $55k. They knew this was coming.
There is no way they didnt know. I refuse to believe a multi-billion corporation do not have insider knowledge of all this. Especially considering they are the same ones lobbying Congress/IRS to change to laws to benefit them. Hell they were probably part of the ones pushing the IRS to make the change to EPA guidance.

Now is the time to order a MYP
I have a MYLR order with EDD in range of next 2 weeks. Just placed another order for MYP!

At $5k price difference I not only get the color I want but the performance resale is better too...and as a car guy, I really wanted the MYP to begin with. I think it's a no brainer at this point for anyone contemplating LR vs performance.

Reactions: Pricedm and Daekwan
I have a MYLR order with EDD in range of next 2 weeks. Just placed another order for MYP!

At $5k price difference I not only get the color I want but the performance resale is better too...and as a car guy, I really wanted the MYP to begin with. I think it's a no brainer at this point for anyone contemplating LR vs performance.
Ughhhh.... I just took delivery of my LR., my joy is turning to mixed feelings.
the difference was 2000 + 7500, Now its just 2000 diff for the MYP from my LR with 20"