Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRS raises maximum eligible price limit to $80k for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does MYP has the comfort suspension that Model Y's have ? or is it only for Model Y's Long Range
While no one knows for sure, what is the general opinion on prices going up? Both for LR and MYP?

Does MYP has the comfort suspension that Model Y's have ? or is it only for Model Y's Long Range
While no one knows for sure, what is the general opinion on prices going up? Both for LR and MYP?
MYP supposedly did get an upgrade to the suspension. But it will still be stiffer than the current LR (as to be expected).

With new orders estimated into May I think Tesla will surely raise prices by a few thousand at least....and very soon.

Even though I'm in Canada, if the US price goes up ours will likely go up. I just texted my friend who is still humming and hawing over cancelling his ID4 order and buying the MYLR. If the price of the MYLR goes up even by $1 it would not qualify anymore for our $4000 provincial rebate. That loss + whatever the price goes up would be a big difference. I told him to sacrifice $250 (in case he sticks with ID4 which is still a good bit cheaper in Canada compared to MY as it qualifies for $9K worth of rebates) and get his order in now.

Existing inventory of MYP I guess? LR was anyway qualified for $7.k credit
Only certain configurations of LR qualified for the credit, had to be under $55,000. In my area there were about 20 MYP available this morning, they were all gone a few hours ago. I panicked and got one in inventory and for about $1500 extra I get the 20 to 21" wheels and all the extras of the performance.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Only certain configurations of LR qualified for the credit, had to be under $55,000. In my area there were about 20 MYP available this morning, they were all gone a few hours ago. I panicked and got one in inventory and for about $1500 extra I get the 20 to 21" wheels and all the extras of the performance.
I’d pay $1,500 to not get the 21’s.

The interesting part is that everyone who ordered a spec can now take delivery of the in stock one instead of waiting for their orders. We originally wanted the MSM one with induction wheels but the wheels put us over the $55k so we ordered with the standard wheels knowing we would just but the inductions after. Since this changed we were able to snag one already with induction wheels near us.
Same build. Trying to snag one in Knoxville with induction wheels but Tesla is playing hard to get. 😁

The rule change was to help the unions since most of their cars did not qualify. This is especially true if a tesla car could qualify and a union non tesla car could not. The difference between the two would be large. Now the difference between the two would be smaller making the union car slightly more competitive.