Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRS weighs in on tax rebate, mostly bad news for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I'm glad I did not reject the Vin and took delivery with the $3750 credit. that is the most i would have qualified for if the MY Battery meets the requirements

I have to wonder if Tesla will soon bring the MY base price to under the $55K limit

Model Y (7) qualifies for $80K max, but Model Y (5) does not with a $55K limit. Mach-e has $55K max also. Nothing in this IRS post for GM.

So, does this mean all Model Y LR will be (7) in the future?

Model Y (7) qualifies for $80K max, but Model Y (5) does not with a $55K limit. Mach-e has $55K max also. Nothing in this IRS post for GM.

So, does this mean all Model Y LR will be (7) in the future?
No, it means if you buy a 5 seater at the current price it won’t qualify…

Looks like more orders for the 7 seater! When just using the front and middle rows, looks like the same legroom for the passengers, range is 326 instead of 330 miles, and net cost is +$3000 for the extra seats - $7500 rebate, thus net cost is $4500 less (slightly diminished by the increased sales tax and for the first year not having the rebate until next tax filing).

Buy a model Y, add the rear row seats, leave them folded down forever, and pay $4500 less! Is this a no brainer?

Looks like more orders for the 7 seater! When just using the front and middle rows, looks like the same legroom for the passengers, range is 326 instead of 330 miles, and net cost is +$3000 for the extra seats - $7500 rebate, thus net cost is $4500 less (slightly diminished by the increased sales tax and for the first year not having the rebate until next tax filing).

Buy a model Y, add the rear row seats, leave them folded down forever, and pay $4500 less! Is this a no brainer?
Seems so. Will be interesting to see how this impacts delivery time as 7 seaters previously seemed to take much longer.

Reactions: Daekwan

Lol. So ridiculous and a waste to force people to add the 3rd row. In what world does a car go from a sedan to SUV by just adding a tiny 3rd row.