Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 2019.40.50.1 wide on AP2 cars ? If yes, when did you get yours ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't look like it's rolled out to MCU1/AP2.5 yet. I would assume we'll see a 2019.40.50.2 or something like that when the time comes [soon I hope].

EDIT: I based this on TeslaFi data reporting on 176 model X100D cars (as of this reply) - all VINs are MCU2. I don't know the approximate VIN cutoff for other models and MCU1 vs. MCU2.

Last edited:
According to TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker:
Fewer than 2.5% of AP2 cars currently have 2019.40.50.1.
More than 77% of AP2.5 cars currently have 2019.40.50.1.
More than 80% of AP3 cars currently have 2019.40.50.1.
Be careful about the Teslafi numbers as they can be misleading. There is a column labeled ‘Unknown’ and it is up to the Teslafi car owner to manually indicate what their car version is. There was a change in Teslafi a short while ago that caused this situation. Mine used to show as a 2.0 and then was changed to ‘Unknown’. I needed to go in and update manually for my version to show up properly.

Reactions: brkaus and Tdreamer
Be careful about the Teslafi numbers as they can be misleading. There is a column labeled ‘Unknown’ and it is up to the Teslafi car owner to manually indicate what their car version is. There was a change in Teslafi a short while ago that caused this situation. Mine used to show as a 2.0 and then was changed to ‘Unknown’. I needed to go in and update manually for my version to show up properly.

The details of 2019.40.50.1 are showing 6 AP2 cars but I doubt they indeed have AP2 hardware. Under those 6 cars there are 4 Model 3 vehicles, a "S Long Range" (which would be at least HW2.5 with that badge) and a S 100D (the only plausible in my view).
v1940501.png

• Informative
Reactions: Dutchie
The details of 2019.40.50.1 are showing 6 AP2 cars but I doubt they indeed have AP2 hardware. Under those 6 cars there are 4 Model 3 vehicles, a "S Long Range" (which would be at least HW2.5 with that badge) and a S 100D (the only plausible in my view).
View attachment 493298
Exactly the problem. Teslafi users need to go into Settings>Account and then scroll all the way to the bottom to the Advanced section. There they can make the necessary update to their AP version. Mine originally showed up as AP 2.5. I had to change it to AP 2.0 so it showed up correctly in the tallies.

View attachment 493298
Yikes. I was just going by the AP version tables earlier but when you see them broken down by vehicle model, you really can see how bad the data is. They should put in some restrictions because most of those AP2 hardware combinations are totally wrong. I think users are just guessing and selecting the wrong hardware and Teslafi isn't doing anything to inform the user how to determine what hardware they really have. Teslafi should reset all those bad AP2 selections (and some of the other impossible selections as well) and guide the user to ensure better data collection. :eek:

Yikes. I was just going by the AP version tables earlier but when you see them broken down by vehicle model, you really can see how bad the data is. They should put in some restrictions because most of those AP2 hardware combinations are totally wrong. I think users are just guessing and selecting the wrong hardware and Teslafi isn't doing anything to inform the user how to determine what hardware they really have. Teslafi should reset all those bad AP2 selections (and some of the other impossible selections as well) and guide the user to ensure better data collection. :eek:
Here is the statement Teslafi is using for this situation and their request for users to make their personal updates within Teslafi: “The Tesla API is reporting incorrect option codes for the majority of vehicles currently. Changing your autopilot version may take up to 10 minutes to show in the software tracker.“

Here is the statement Teslafi is using for this situation and their request for users to make their personal updates within Teslafi: “The Tesla API is reporting incorrect option codes for the majority of vehicles currently. Changing your autopilot version may take up to 10 minutes to show in the software tracker.“
Thanks for noting this, I had no idea. Our ‘17 S 100D with AP2 was incorrectly reporting it was an AP2.5, so I just fixed it.

Can anyone on here confirm that they got 40.50.x on a AP2.5 MCU 1 X or S? Trying to see if I’m just consistently late in the update cycle or if they are releasing a separate version to this hardware config.

Have a HW2.5/MCU 1 Model X (one of the first — built late August 2017) and definitely no update. Still on 2019.36.2.1. My wife’s Model 3 Performance got the update before Christmas.

Honestly though, I’d be happy with no new features and an MCU that wasn’t so sluggish and was actually useable. Typing on the onscreen keyboard is laggy. Typing! As a 20-year software veteran, it’s hard for me to understand how typing is one of major performance issues. And it didn’t used to be like this.

Reactions: Tdreamer and croman