Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is all the SuperChargers in GTA are 150kwh now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is all the SuperChargers in GTA are 150 kwh now?

I have a 2017 100D model x and only getting 115 kwh.

I tried...
Vaughan Mills
Mississauga
Lawrence SC
Kingston
Port Hope
Burlington

I have 2019.12.1.1 fw and it shows I am capable for 150 kwh supercharger now... but feel like capped

I do experience lots of random MCU rebootings as well, not sure if the fw update is fully completed or need reinstall by SC

I tried...
Vaughan Mills
Mississauga
Lawrence SC
Kingston
Port Hope
Burlington

I have 2019.12.1.1 fw and it shows I am capable for 150 kwh supercharger now... but feel like capped

I do experience lots of random MCU rebootings as well, not sure if the fw update is fully completed or need reinstall by SC

I'm not positive, but i thought the rollout to S/X was going to happen in a later rev and only model 3 got the immediate bump? But i dont supercharge so could be way off.

Charging rate is measured in kW, not "kwh".

If you charge at 50 kW for 1 hour, 50 kWh came out the station. If you maintained 50 kW for 2 hours, 100 kWh came out of the station.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
I think you have to use the ORBW feature to surpass 120kW:
1. enter a 150kW SuC as destination in Nav
2. drive for >=25min to get there (battery warms to ~40°C)
3. arrive with 5..10% SoC
4. plug in and let us know what happens ...

Also check on your MCU that the SuC you enter as a destination is actually capable of 150kW, i.e. this value should be shown as the max when you bring up the details for that location.

I checked Vaughan Mills and Tesla states it is still limited to 120kW.

Don't know if any SuCs are enabled to 150kW in Canada yet at all, AFAICT none are in Europe, so over here it is a case of the car's sw being out in front of the SuC sw.