Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario Superchargers - the numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember 4 years ago in Ontario,Tesla did not have Model 3... but by the end of 2018, they will be in Canada and the scale of their uptake is going to be huge. That followed by Model Y and a pick-up!

As rypalmer said, the Maritimes are years behind Ontario. I'm from NS and have driven down multiple times since getting my Model S (though not as many as rypalmer). There are few Teslas there and few visitors in Teslas. Haligonians (the biggest population centre in the Maritimes) seem largely unaware of electric cars, despite Tesla's battery research partnership with Dalhousie. Monctonians seem even more oblivious.

I don't see any large adoption of EVs in the Maritimes for at least 5 years, sadly.

Obviously people drive to the Maritimes for many reasons, but a small supercharger station will easily handle that traffic.

In the discussions of how many superchargers there are in Ontario, and how many are opening soon (hopefully) in 2018, I took a closer look at the numbers. This is as of Jan 1st, 2018. Let me know if I've missed anything or made an error of any sort.

When all of this is completed, we will have 51 locations and if my assumptions are correct, 560 supercharger stalls in Ontario alone. Pretty incredible.

CURRENTLY OPEN - 14 locations, 132 SC stalls
Concord Vaughan Mills 20
Barrie - Bayfield 20
Comber (Windsor) 8
Woodstock 8
Grimsby 8
Toronto - Lawrence 8
Port Hope 8
Ottawa 8
Barrie 8
Huntsville 8
Parry Sound 8
Sudbury 8
Kingston 6
Cornwall 6

Under Construction - 5 locations, 88 SC stalls
Pickering 20
Hamilton 20
Etobicoke - Sherway 20
Markham 20
Owen Sound 8

Coming Soon - 32 locations, estimated 340 SC stalls (assumes 20 SC stalls in large/GTA/highway locations, 8 in northern and dense urban locations)
Cambridge 20
Mississauga 20
Mississauga Meadowvale 20
St Catharines 20
Toronto - Scarborough 20
Waterloo 20
Belleville 8
Blind River 8
Brockville 8
Deep River 8
Dryden 8
Espanola 8
Gatineau 8
Ignace 8
Kenora 8
Nipigon 8
North Bay 8
Orillia 8
Renfrew 8
Sault Ste Marie 8
Stardale 8
Terrace Bay 8
Thunder Bay 8
Toronto - Downtown 8
Toronto - Liberty Village 8
Toronto - North York 8
Toronto - The Annex 8
Toronto - Yonge Eglinton 8
Upsala 8
Vaughan 20
Wawa 8
White River 8

I was searching for more information on the upcoming Dryden, Ontario Supercharger at the Red River Co-op and I came across this thread. It hasn’t had any activity in a while, but I figured it was worth bumping so @sakimano can update his details with some of the information that we already have. Namely, many of the anticipated 8-stall sites are starting out as 6-stall V3 with expansion capabilities to 8 stalls.