Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario Superchargers - the numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had some discussion on this a week or two ago but SW Ontario is not getting much love from Tesla for SCs. There is supposed to be an additional site in Strathroy built this year but you would think a city like London deserves one in the city. It will be the largest city in the country without an SC, assuming the Winnipeg SC gets built. Winnipeg just took that crown from Ottawa a month or so ago.

I agree that eventually every city should have one but Windsor is kind of landlocked - you either go to the US or you go east on the 401. There is one east at Comber and there are six scheduled for the Detroit area. So if you are going outside of Windsor you are pretty likely to hit one. IMHO the highest priorities for Ontario, beyond what has been announced, would be London and then the Peterborough area. Eventually you would like to see one around Goderich as there are a lot of people with cottages on Lake Huron and there are no SCs anywhere close.

I agree that eventually every city should have one but Windsor is kind of landlocked - you either go to the US or you go east on the 401. There is one east at Comber and there are six scheduled for the Detroit area. So if you are going outside of Windsor you are pretty likely to hit one. IMHO the highest priorities for Ontario, beyond what has been announced, would be London and then the Peterborough area. Eventually you would like to see one around Goderich as there are a lot of people with cottages on Lake Huron and there are no SCs anywhere close.

Agreed. I just noticed that Windsor and London, as "big" cities in Ontario, have none, even though there are some close to them. Peterborough would be great for me as I go up north that way.

As far as Detroit is concerned, according to the Telsa map, there is only 1 scheduled in downtown, 1 in Auburn Hills and 1 in Farmington Hills. Obviously, if I live in Windsor, I would have a home charging unit, so an you are correct that an SC isn't really required in Windsor at this time.

Because there's nothing there and has a population of 215,000. I also said London should have at least one as well. I know there are other places and cities that should have an SC as well.

If Tesla wins it's dispute with Michigan, I think you'll see an SC in Windsor.
There are currently 16 supercharger sites that are already open or under construction in Michigan. I do not think the dispute with Michigan is stopping them from putting a supercharger in Windsor.

For the Detroit area I also see one scheduled for Livonia, and there are already two open - one in Ann Arbor and one by St Clair Shores. Those aren't that close to downtown Detroit, but there are on likely routes of travel if you are going farther afield.

There are currently 16 supercharger sites that are already open or under construction in Michigan. I do not think the dispute with Michigan is stopping them from putting a supercharger in Windsor.

I'm talking about Detroit, not Michigan wide.

Sorry, I didn't mean that was the reason there is none in Windsor, I was hypothesizing that if more come to Detroit, maybe they'll add one in Windsor.

Is this right now?

Open Now - 14 SC locations; 132 Stalls
Barrie Bayfield 20
Concord - Vaughan Mills 20
Barrie 8
Comber (Windsor) 8
Grimsby 8
Huntsville 8
Ottawa 8
Parry Sound 8
Port Hope 8
Sudbury 8
Toronto - Lawrence 8
Woodstock 8
Cornwall 6
Kingston 6

Under Construction - 7 locations; 110 stalls
Etobicoke - Sherway 20
Hamilton 20
Markham 20
Pickering 20
Cambridge 14
Casselman 8
Owen Sound 8

Coming soon - 31 locations; 320 stalls
Mississauga 20
Mississauga Meadowvale 20
St Catharines 20
Toronto - Scarborough 20
Vaughan 20
Waterloo 20
Belleville 8
Blind River 8
Brockville 8
Deep River 8
Dryden 8
Espanola 8
Ignace 8
Kenora 8
Nipigon 8
North Bay 8
Orangeville 8
Orillia 8
Renfrew 8
Sault Ste Marie 8
Stardale 8
Terrace Bay 8
Thunder Bay 8
Toronto - Downtown 8
Toronto - Liberty Village 8
Toronto - North York 8
Toronto - The Annex 8
Toronto - Yonge Eglinton 8
Upsala 8
Wawa 8
White River 8

Pickering opened on the 12th and Casselman has more than 8 stalls. SCinfo has noted 12 stalls