Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my annual service a waste?

Service

• You're an idiot & should've taken it in 12,000 miles ago.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Do it now at a year.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • Just wait another year for the big service and save your $ for future ludicrous version

Votes: 36 51.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the first 3 years, everything on the Annual services are visual checks other than the FOB battery, wiper blades and cabin filter. I can do these.
It does say to evacuate and recharge the AC and replace the brake fluid at 2 years which seems excessive. Has anyone had this done?
Even the 4th year just adds coolant replacement, which can't be that hard.

All service bulletins are done when I bring it in for warranty stuff, which is pretty rare lately.
Coolant replacement in the battery is not for inexperienced people. It requires special equipment.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP and docherf
For the first 3 years, everything on the Annual services are visual checks other than the FOB battery, wiper blades and cabin filter. I can do these.
It does say to evacuate and recharge the AC and replace the brake fluid at 2 years which seems excessive. Has anyone had this done?
Even the 4th year just adds coolant replacement, which can't be that hard.

All service bulletins are done when I bring it in for warranty stuff, which is pretty rare lately.

Um, where does it say anything about replacing the AC refrigerant???

Thanks for all the replies and info. Very helpful.

I purchased the car and it has the residual value guarantee, but I'm putting so many miles on it, I doubt that'll matter in my case. I don't plan to get the extended warrantee either.

I did see something about replacing the AC coolant, but now I can't find it, but it sounds unnecessary anyway.

I think I'll just wait until 4 years unless something changes .

Thanks again everyone.

I think some people may be talking across each other, which is why I'm not quoting any post. I'm just thinking the following may be generally helpful.

Service Schedule.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: docherf
Is my annual service a waste?

Yes. I bought the 4 year plan three years ago and in retrospect it was a waste of money.

At the same time, I'm don't regret having bought it. When I bought it, the vehicles were not as tested and proven as they are now so I wanted to make sure if something went wrong it was caught early. Also, because I bought the plan, I got to know the people at the service center and that has value to me. It's also not that expensive. One down day on the markets and I've lost more. Plus, you do get "free" wipers!

But if I was to buy a new vehicle today, I wouldn't buy it.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP and docherf