Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my driver side seat cushion falling apart?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So about every other day I am cleaning out foam from under my seat. It appears the seat cushion is crumbling. Anyone else notice this?

Attachments

• 20181008_111827.jpg
    20181008_111827.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 509
It looks like "flash" from the moulding process of producing seating foam.

Shouldn't make it to the vehicle as it should have been removed at the moulding facility.

If it is flash, its no big deal and will stop falling, but I would ask the SC to verify.

Vin

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
I wonder if the seats are wrapped when shipped and that is some leftover sloppiness. Or other packing material was just loose under there.
Possible at factory and it's was on the underside of the cushion.

Or mice. :eek:

How many miles? I'd have look under both seats from front and back with a good light.

Negative on the mice and I weigh 165 so doubt that's an issue. Car has just over 3k miles on it and I haven't noticed any on the passenger side but I dont carry many passengers. I originally thought it was no big deal and would stop but that hasn't been the case and a big chunk recently fell prompting this post.

Gen 2 seats June build. I do have easy entry but not much movement in the seat position. Could possibly be from rubbing the left side of the bottom cushion during entry/exit but that's unavoidable. Seems to be isolated since no one else has the issue

I'm so glad to see this thread. I am having the same issue. My Model 3 was delivered in April 2018. I've been having this issue for a while but, at first, I just thought it was crumbs and then realized it was foam after I stopped eating in the car. What did they do to resolve the issue? I have an appointment with the service center in 10 days.
TeslaSeatFoam.png

I’ve since had my seat replaced for another issue but a while back when I was getting out of my car I heard a pop and looked back and the plastic panel on the left with the seat controls had popped off along with some foam flakes on the carpet. I had mobile service check it out and he replaced the plastic panel but when I asked about the foam he said it was normal and nothing to worry about. Idk if it was placebo but that left side of the seat cushion always felt less firm and lower after that. When I had my seat replaced for another issue the left and right cushions were now both the same amount of firm and the same height and no foam flakes have appeared since.