Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Summon still a thing?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AOVP

Dec 19, 2016
Seattle
2016 model s 60d
HW2/AP2 all the bells and whistles

I don't have summon feature on my Tesla IPhone app, and I'm not sure it still works on the key fob?! Has it been deactivated w all the fuss on getting AP rolled out?

Anyone can let me know if it's still active or where I can get quick lesson I searched the threads and my cars manual and no such luck.

Thanks so much love the community here

Note:

• Before you can use Summon, you must enable it via the SUMMON setting…
  • Use the new HomeLink auto-open/close feature and enable… if you are parking in a garage and need to operate the garage door after activating Summon.
  • Model S may not detect certain obstacles including those that are very narrow (e.g., bikes), lower than the fascia, or hanging from the ceiling. As such, Summon requires that you continually monitor your vehicle’s movement and surroundings while it is in progress, and that you remain prepared to stop the vehicle at any time using your key fob.
  • Only use Summon on flat driveways.
  • You must stay in proximity to your vehicle and continually monitor and maintain control of it when using the feature. You should only use this feature on private property.

What works on AP2:
  • Smart Cruise Control to 80 MPH
  • Steering on highways to 55 MPH
  • Steering in cities to 35 MPH (except it tries to kill you all the time)
  • Parallel Parking
  • Forward collision warning (not automatic braking)
  • Auto headlights
What isn't working that AP1 has:
  • Autosteer at highway speeds
  • Automatic lane change with turn signal
  • Blind spot detection
  • Automatic Wipers
  • Automatic High Beams
  • Auto emergency braking
  • Summon
  • Fix the crazy wiggling of lane lines on the display
  • Reading speed limit signs
  • Auto perpendicular parking
  • Lane Departure Warning
What isn't working that they have promised as EAP:
  • Auto highway exit
  • Auto lane change on highway
  • Enhanced summon

Reactions: cybergates
What works on AP2:
  • Smart Cruise Control to 80 MPH
  • Steering on highways to 55 MPH
  • Steering in cities to 35 MPH (except it tries to kill you all the time)
  • Parallel Parking
  • Forward collision warning (not automatic braking)
  • Auto headlights
What isn't working that AP1 has:
  • Autosteer at highway speeds
  • Automatic lane change with turn signal
  • Blind spot detection
  • Automatic Wipers
  • Automatic High Beams
  • Auto emergency braking
  • Summon
  • Fix the crazy wiggling of lane lines on the display
  • Reading speed limit signs
  • Auto perpendicular parking
  • Lane Departure Warning
What isn't working that they have promised as EAP:
  • Auto highway exit
  • Auto lane change on highway
  • Enhanced summon

Thanks gearchruncher this is a really good list.

I've been looking for such a list for a while. It took me a long time of searching just to figure out if the wipers were enabled. Is there anywhere online where a continually updated list is posted?

Note:

• Before you can use Summon, you must enable it via the SUMMON setting…
  • Use the new HomeLink auto-open/close feature and enable… if you are parking in a garage and need to operate the garage door after activating Summon.
  • Model S may not detect certain obstacles including those that are very narrow (e.g., bikes), lower than the fascia, or hanging from the ceiling. As such, Summon requires that you continually monitor your vehicle’s movement and surroundings while it is in progress, and that you remain prepared to stop the vehicle at any time using your key fob.
  • Only use Summon on flat driveways.
  • You must stay in proximity to your vehicle and continually monitor and maintain control of it when using the feature. You should only use this feature on private property.

Must still use mobile app if you dont live in USA. No fob summon for us here in Australia :(

I was talking with a Tesla technician the other day, and he said that the Summon feature is going to be improved to the more advanced "Burrow" function. Apparently, the car (or several if working together) can be used, in softer soils, to help out with Elon's tunneling initiative. I have to hand it to Elon, he's always looking to improving even the fleet that is out there! Come to think of it, aren't there some video's of the 'beta' burrow function yet?

Tip for AP1 users (and maybe AP2 with the promised 8.1 upgrade?): Summon gets disabled on some updates. If you can't find the feature or the fob stopped working (US cars), go into the settings and re-enable it. This one drove me nuts for a few weeks thinking I was screwing up the button sequence before I figured it out.