Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla stalling homologation/deliveries to foreign markets to get more cash faster?

Is Tesla stalling homologation/deliveries to foreign markets to get more cash faster?

• Yes, Tesla is prioritizing U.S. P-Cars to get more cash faster

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • No, Tesla is doing the best they can to get Sigs to foreign markets as fast as possible

Votes: 39 79.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It might be a short term advantage, but it might be also due to the fact that the US tends to neglect the rest of the world easily, which is a huge mistake in the long term.
There must be a reason why Germany exports almost double the value than the US exports to Germany.

It might be a short term advantage, but it might be also due to the fact that the US tends to neglect the rest of the world easily, which is a huge mistake in the long term.
There must be a reason why Germany exports almost double the value than the US exports to Germany.

Well it could be that the USA market is about 4 times larger than the German market too. ~80 million to ~320 million people.

So Elon is saying essentially, that they're stalling European deliveries, because it's less complicated to manufacture cars for the U.S. market.

I had somehow hoped, that Tesla would be going the extra mile for long time Signature reservation holders in Europe.

As it seems, there are no major technical or administrative reasons, why they couldn't start manufacturing for the European market very soon.

I have to admit, that for me as an early Sig Reservation holder (#14) in Europe, this is kind of disappointing.

But I'd hope you'd understand that it's at most indirectly about cash, in that it's not about income, it would be about the challenge and cost of managing European markets. Once they've ramped production for the US, they'll need to make sure they're managing full-steam production, delivery and maintenance properly and it'll be a lot easier to get that right if they can concentrate on USA and Canada before adding a host of other markets, particularly because I can envision Mr Musk jetting around those markets as they start delivering there.