Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the 7 days to get your vin automated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it's automated, 7 days before the scheduled date (with some adjustments due to bad timezone processing because Tesla's programming team is incompetent). If it hasn't shown up by 6 days before the scheduled date, it means your delivery date is fake.

• Disagree
Reactions: heems
I'm 6 days and counting and still nothing.
I had mine over 10 days before delivery but only on my final MVPA and only a copy they sent via email for e-signing (which I kept asking for in order to get my 3rd party financing worked out.)

Don’t think it appeared anywhere else until I was a week out.

I’m also on the East coast, so Transport takes longer. My car arrived only two days before delivery, but more than a week after I knew my VIN.

As a point of reference. My original delivery date was 10/5. Normal course of business, get into the office and check my Tesla page, nothing. Back door edit was not working though (I checked it last night before bed and it was still working). Then around 10:30 am, I get a text from a Tesla rep saying they can push me up to 9/28. I agreed to a delivery time and within about 30 min, my account page reflects my new delivery date and VIN.

Reactions: neroden
Mine did not change. My MVPA document never disappeared either (that references the VIN).

I guess a caveat might be that sometimes from what I keep reading there may be some variables that affect some folks but not others. Who knows what those variables actually are? I dunno. Location, trade vs no-trade, cash vs finance, random luck of the draw for some point of human input somewhere in the process? It's a mystery to me.

As a point of reference. My original delivery date was 10/5. Normal course of business, get into the office and check my Tesla page, nothing. Back door edit was not working though (I checked it last night before bed and it was still working). Then around 10:30 am, I get a text from a Tesla rep saying they can push me up to 9/28. I agreed to a delivery time and within about 30 min, my account page reflects my new delivery date and VIN.

Signed MVPA appeared on my account this evening.

Delivery scheduled for 9/28
MVPA with vin provided 9/19
VIN not updated on my account as of now

I’m pretty much the exact opposite - VIN on account page, but no MVPA.

Thinking the latter has something to do with trade-in not confirmed (waiting for confirmation of matched offer) and finance not changed on account to third party (waiting until I speak to ISA again to confirm everything, before providing docs to CU).