Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the referral program back? [5.11.2023 - appears loot box credits may be back]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read on a post that the referral program is back. Is that true? I recently purchase a M3LR on the 14th and was going to refer my friend for the sale. I also convinced a staff member from my department to take advantage of the drop in the MY prices, and she ended up buying one. So those are two referrals. I thought that the only referral program going is for their solar panel unit.

Thanks in advance.

I read on a post that the referral program is back. Is that true? I recently purchase a M3LR on the 14th and was going to refer my friend for the sale. I also convinced a staff member from my department to take advantage of the drop in the MY prices, and she ended up buying one. So those are two referrals. I thought that the only referral program going is for their solar panel unit.

Thanks in advance.
Yes.

Yes.

If you ment to tell them that yes its back for solar (which is what that link points to) then yes thats correct. I dont believe it is for vehicles, but would definitely be ok with being wrong about it.

For now, however, I am going to amend the thread title until proven otherwise

If you ment to tell them that yes its back for solar (which is what that link points to) then yes thats correct. I dont believe it is for vehicles, but would definitely be ok with being wrong about it.

For now, however, I am going to amend the thread title until proven otherwise
Yup only Solar not Vehicles.
😞

Looks like one can redeem referral points to buy stuff - like HPWC, FSD, EAP, SC miles - see in the Loot Box.

I don't even see credit for Solar referrals, is it some money amount? - nvm, I see it's 9000 points for solar referrals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130_164757_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230130_164757_Tesla.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Reactions: Whitebeard
I have 9000 points potentially available later in the year but I need 40000 for the acceleration boost. Does anyone know if they’ll let me pay the difference, ~$1500?

I don’t want anything else on the list but there’s no way I’m going to be able to earn 40000 points.

Hi guys/gals,
The old referral program for panels (i.e. $300 cash) for past years, is that still possible? I think tesla might go with the 9000 credits thing now starting in 2023, but i know in the past it was $300 for both vehicles and solar panels.
I have referral a co work for his solar panels back in Oct 2022, and he's been PTO'd since Dec 2022, but i have not seen anything about the $300. And of course I've tried reaching to tesla customer service, which we all know it's a freaking joke. Anyone with luck getting their $300 if they had referral to them and vice versa? Thanks!

(moderator note)

It looks like there may be loot box credits now (as of 05/11/2023) for using a referral code. This is a reminder that we do not allow any posts of referral codes / links etc in regular threads here on TMC. Any posts that moderators see with referral code links will be deleted.

Reactions: jboy210
So a friend of mine just ordered a Y a week ago after he saw I could make it to his house without charging (210 miles). You think I have any shot at getting referral points after the fact? I'm looking to use the points to get a discounted acc boost, but not sure that's possible anyway to use points to reduce the cost of something.

(moderator note)

It looks like there may be loot box credits now (as of 05/11/2023) for using a referral code. This is a reminder that we do not allow any posts of referral codes / links etc in regular threads here on TMC. Any posts that moderators see with referral code links will be deleted.
Anybody with recent delivery (since 05/11/2023) get Loyalty Credit?

When did it show up in your Loot Box?

FYI - see below:

"If an existing owner attempts to order through a referral link (whether their own or a friend’s), they will not qualify for Buyer Credits, nor will the referrer qualify for Referral Credits, because the buyer is already part of the Tesla community.

Instead, the owner automatically earns Loyalty Credits."

FYI - see below:

"If an existing owner attempts to order through a referral link (whether their own or a friend’s), they will not qualify for Buyer Credits, nor will the referrer qualify for Referral Credits, because the buyer is already part of the Tesla community.

Instead, the owner automatically earns Loyalty Credits."

hmm how do Loyalty Credits. convert to SC miles. I'm a 3 owner looking to buy a Y LR/AWD. I can set up a new profile for my wife but my existing order locked in lower pricing for LR

TSLA CSR said you can't self refer on an existing order but new order would cause a $750+250 order fee. I would be downgrading from a LR to AWD so thats a $3K savings.

hmm how do Loyalty Credits. convert to SC miles. I'm a 3 owner looking to buy a Y LR/AWD. I can set up a new profile for my wife but my existing order locked in lower pricing for LR

TSLA CSR said you can't self refer on an existing order but new order would cause a $750+250 order fee. I would be downgrading from a LR to AWD so thats a $3K savings.
You can "Redeem" your credits for Supercharging Miles - I don't know how much SC miles per credit tho, Tesla does not show the conversion.

Loyalty credit for Y is 3500 credits as of today.

Can anybody chime in with credit to SC mile conversion rate?

Screenshot_20230626_154903_Tesla.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
what I hate about miles/points. YMMV literally. I miss the old flat rate

In my case VIN change still kept my old low price so I'm not giving up the old order. Maybe they'll do something by week end re: end of quarter deliveries