Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any camera assistance when overtaking on European roads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I read a lot about automatic beam adjustment for UK cars for European roads.

What about any assistance when overtaking on regular roads, where head on collision is a possibility?

We drive a lot in EU and I hope one of these new EVs can provide some visibility or warning for the incoming cars. Peaking is so dangerous.

Thanks

Simon

Hi all,

I read a lot about automatic beam adjustment for UK cars for European roads.

What about any assistance when overtaking on regular roads, where head on collision is a possibility?

We drive a lot in EU and I hope one of these new EVs can provide some visibility or warning for the incoming cars. Peaking is so dangerous.

Thanks

Simon
If a head on collision is likely then the car will certainly warn you with sound and vision and apply emergency breaking.

Reactions: boombap
Unfortunately the cameras on the side are looking backward, so there isn't any view that would allow you to see what's coming on your front left blindspot when overtaking.
Maybe the wide-angle mounted on the middle of the windscreen, but we don't have access to that.

Same here, been driving a RHD BMW in Norway for 10 years. No issues overtaking at all. Best tip is to stay further back from the car in front and you can see round them better, at the very least we'll enough to tell if it's safe enough to move out a bit more for a better peek. If it's not even safe to have a look it's definitely not safe to overtake.

Only real issue is the funny looks I get going though McDonald's drive-through in reverse :).

We've driven to Norway-and-back twice from Kent, and never had any dangerous situations passing traffic. Enhanced Autopilot (this is before ChuckleVision) worked just fine on the 'other' side of the road, and for most of the journey we had it engaged. In fact, I could swear that it worked better on that side of the road, overtaking included.