Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any downside to buy a showroom car directly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We bought our fully loaded "inventory" 2015 Model S P85D with 2,601 miles on it right off a local Tesla showroom floor. Got a great deal and discovered after taking delivery that it was one of the "unicorn" P85D's with the Plus suspension... and the "inventory" purchase agreement showed a High Power Wall Charger on the invoice so we got that too.

Here's our P85D in Tesla's Mission Viejo Mall showroom the morning it came on the market... when we bought it after doing a 5 minute inspection.

View attachment 245310

We couldn't be happier with our discounted inventory "unicorn" P85D since its been very trouble free at 30,000 miles. Tesla even offers the $5,000 Ludicrous upgrade which I haven't done... but may if we got a $5,000 windfall.

IMHO I'd buy the "inventory" P100D you described... and enjoy it even more knowing you saved $20,000.

You'll enjoy it even more if you use my Tesla referral code My Tesla Referral Code since you'll get unlimited Supercharging AND a $1,000 credit toward their new Tesla... and my 1 year old grandson will REALLY enjoy the mini Tesla !!!

Thanks for sharing! Something about feeling like I got a really good deal on my dream car makes me even more excited! Only thing that could rain on my parade of course is if they just completely revamp the TMS and mine is obsolete in a couple months, but not too likely I would think :)

Thanks for sharing! Something about feeling like I got a really good deal on my dream car makes me even more excited! Only thing that could rain on my parade of course is if they just completely revamp the TMS and mine is obsolete in a couple months, but not too likely I would think :)

There's ALWAYS going to be a quicker faster better model... like the P90D and P100D that came out after we bought our P85D. That doesn't bother me a bit since our P85D has more performance than driver talent. :cool: