Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any risks ordering inventory cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had the car in for the first service request, basically to address some of the things observed in the first two weeks of ownership.
1. Hood panel gap uneven.
2. Rear hatch gap uneven.
3. A tear (1/2 inch hole) on the side of the driver seat.

Got a M3P as a loaner.
All were addressed with no cost to me.
So far so good.

Reactions: kpanda17
I picked up a M3 RWD (grey) for $36,200 on 9/21/23. Interesting reading this now… my door sticker has a build date of 9/23 and based on a few parts stickers I found left behind… some of the parts had been built maybe two weeks prior.

I terms of panel gaps, it’s flawless.

The only minor issue is a strange dull paint spot just under the passenger mirror. It’s in a spot where I could see it being missed in the QC light tunnel. Reported it and Tesla referred me to a local body shop for warranty repair.

I'm picking up my blue M3 RWD tomorrow, $2K discount for inventory vehicle with 15 miles per documentation. Discounts are much smaller on RWD models. I just checked inventory within 200 miles of my zip code and all the discounts are gone. Also, the number of available M3s are down. I guess it's a circumstance of supply & demand.
They dropped the 'order' price of all 3s today, but it seems they also removed the inventory discounts. I paid $36,220 for mine 6 weeks ago, it appears I timed it just right...

Just had the car in for the first service request, basically to address some of the things observed in the first two weeks of ownership.
1. Hood panel gap uneven.
2. Rear hatch gap uneven.
3. A tear (1/2 inch hole) on the side of the driver seat.

Got a M3P as a loaner.
All were addressed with no cost to me.
So far so good.

so the manufactuer is fixing pretty noticeable defects - which should have been picked up PRE-delivery by any competent QC - free of charge. wow. ;)

What’s the $1.8M represent. Was there some news or Q3 or Q4 number they need to hit? I’m waiting for discounts to buy a RWD M3.
Oh. Not $1.8M but 1.8M DELIVERIES. So they need to deliver about 500k vehicles in Q4 to make that happen. I wonder if anyone tracks how many deliveries have been made this Q.

Hi All,
I am seeing that “new”inventory cars are priced less than custom orderer cars with exact same configurations. So, I was wondering any specific reasons as to why inventory cars are less price and also if there is any risk in ordering “new” inventory cars versus custom cars ? Are the inventory cars showroom cars or cars with issues fixed?
I bought an Inventory black 3 and saved some money . very happy with the car and I picked it up at the Memphis service
Center the next day

Reactions: DocHolliday