TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

It pains me to announce that my yearly low tire pressure notification has arrived

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ALSETJC, Sep 11, 2019 at 1:21 PM.

Tags:
  1. ALSETJC

ALSETJC Member

Yes, Fall is here and cold mornings have caused my tire pressure to drop and trigger a warning. I just wanted to warn people that cold weather is coming :(. Winter ... is coming.. and range will drop. Southern friends please feel the norths pain.

Thanks for listening. :)

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Boomer543

Boomer543 Member

Dealt with my warning already. How bad is the range hit going to be? First winter with my LR AWD.

• Love x 1
  3. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

At what pressure does the warning occur? 3 of mine were at 39 this morning as I pulled out of my garage and there was no warning, so I'm just wondering what the magic number is?

4. 640k

640k Member

we've been hitting 90°+ all this week with lows in the 60s. my tire pressure has been slowly decreasing. only a matter of time.

5. Phlier

Phlier Bluebird

I've been curious about this as well.

6. TLej

TLej Little-Known Member

Aren't you guys in Toronto southern? :confused:;) My car had temperature-related regen limits yesterday.

• Like x 1
  7. Fossil Fool

Fossil Fool Member

This is something we fear all summer here in Arizona!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Member

So, uh. If you dump more air into the tires when the weather gets cold, does TPMS alert you if the tire pressure gets too high once the weather warns up? This question has never before occurred to me.

9. whatthe2

whatthe2 Active Member

I got it at 41. The other three tires were 42.

• Helpful x 1
  10. dendenyc

dendenyc Member

oh great....I guess I go back to having no regen in the morning.

11. XLR82XS

XLR82XS Member

People need a warning on a forum now that cold weather is coming?

• Funny x 2
  12. Phlier

Phlier Bluebird

/r/wooosh.

• Like x 1
  13. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Member

There's so much maintenance that the Tesla requires, it's good to have the reminders

o_O

14. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

Like 30% ... 40% when it’s freezing out. amazing how much the heater drains and losing regen is the norm everyday.

• Like x 1
  15. corduroy

corduroy Member

The low pressure notification isn't half as sad as losing your full regen for 5 months

16. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

I was looking at my electric bill and in February I used just as much electricity as in August with my homes A/C because how much more the car using to charge.

17. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

I sensed my tires today seemed low based on road feel and found them at 40psi. It was on the cool side this morning and been having condensation on the roof, windshield and rear window for the last few mornings. Temps going back up to 90s+ so sure it will be short lived. No pressure warning yet though. But yes, Winter is coming....(loving that show ;)).

18. ALSETJC

ALSETJC Member

Depends if you have lots of trips 20km or less . I do so I regularly hit 40 to 50% in Jan/Feb with Novemebr, Dec and Mar April around 30%

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  19. SleeperService

Strange that you are getting low pressure warnings at 41, as that's not far at all from the recommended pressure of 42. I see a 40-45 psi range (40 when "cold" in the morning e.g. 72F in my garage after sitting all night, 45 when I arrive home in the evening after driving 35 miles in the "heat" e.g. 85 F). I've already got a few reduced regen dots in the morning after it sits over night at ~70 F in the garage. They go away quickly once I get moving though.

20. whatthe2

whatthe2 Active Member

Yeah, I thought it was a little odd as well. The alert stayed on for the entire 30 min. drive, but after I parked and drove again it went away.