Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's official! Tesla website says HW2.0 cars "scheduling now" for MCU2 upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of what they've said, yes, but it doesn't seem like they are accepting appointments for people wanting just HW3 right now. They most likely want the extra cash of MCU2 before starting just HW3 upgrades.

Be good to get feedback from anyone who gets just the HW3 upgrade done.

I was keen on MCU2 but gone off the idea now, MCU1 serving me fine for now.

Does Sentry work fine (including recording) with MCU1 with HW3?
I've pointed you to this site a few times. MCU2 gives you that. Infotainment Upgrade

lcJ93wE.jpg

Be good to get feedback from anyone who gets just the HW3 upgrade done.

I was keen on MCU2 but gone off the idea now, MCU1 serving me fine for now.

will let you know next Tuesday. So far other attempts prior I got the usual cancellation text but this time they approved, I even texted my local
Mobile tech and he seems to indicate I’m good to go.

I’ve always reached out, never got an email from Tesla to make the appointment.

Reactions: gangzoom
will let you know next Tuesday. So far other attempts prior I got the usual cancellation text but this time they approved, I even texted my local
Mobile tech and he seems to indicate I’m good to go.

I’ve always reached out, never got an email from Tesla to make the appointment.
You were cancelled before with HW2.5? Strange.

How about the sentry mode features? Working? How's the camera? I don't care much about the games and netflix, I do care about Sentry!
Just set up the sentry mode and dash cam. Used an external harddrive I had from an old comp. Then I YouTubed some videos of sentry mode at work and got really pissed off at how terrible people are.

Works great. What do you want to know about the cameras?

Just a quick 30 sec clip from this morning. YouTube degrades the quality (this was filmed on an iPhone XR (I think?)), but you get the gist. It actually looks really good on the screen.

also tested sentry mode and it did great. The only thing I wish is that replaying the footage would scrub. The clips are long and you can skip around but you don’t know if you missed something.

Last edited:
The only thing I wish is that replaying the footage would scrub. The clips are long and you can skip around but you don’t know if you missed something.
Thanks for the additional video.

1) I thought that there was now a change that saved a text file (log) of the time the trigger event happened. Maybe I read that on Reddit or twitter. Tesla may incorporate it in the onscreen viewer.
2) This Apple/iOS app is clever and has people detection in the app (ie. their own 'AI' code). I'm not an Apple phone/pad person but follow the developer. ‎SentryView: For Tesla Cars -- maybe Tesla will use this idea as well to annotate the clips.

XmHvx1Y.jpg

Just a quick 30 sec clip from this morning. YouTube degrades the quality (this was filmed on an iPhone XR (I think?)), but you get the gist. It actually looks really good on the screen.

also tested sentry mode and it did great. The only thing I wish is that replaying the footage would scrub. The clips are long and you can skip around but you don’t know if you missed something.
I think this alone is worth the $2500 upgrade. Definitely going to get it! Thanks!

Thanks @tpduke112! As expected the cameras are a bit less colorful than original built HW3 units but it's still really great! Even if Tesla was to offer camera replacements I don't think it would be necessary!

I think this alone is worth the $2500 upgrade. Definitely going to get it! Thanks!
Agreed. Just so happens that all the other goodies comes with it too! Haha!