Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just saw that the feds updated the EV credit so now all MYs qualify as its been changed to 80K
seriously! there is a MSM with black interior Performance in inventory. It is $3K more than the car I ordered. But I would lose out on $3,500 state EV rebate because it goes over the limit.

I am torn lol. is $6,500 worth the performance upgrade without white seats or the color I want....

just saw that the feds updated the EV credit so now all MYs qualify as its been changed to 80K
What concerns me is how it changed from MYLR 5-seater @ 55k cap to now 80k, what stops the Fed from changing it back

Concerned that my EDD gets pushed out if I change my order from MYLR to MYP since both are out of stock based on what I want within 200 miles of my location, want to get it ASAP before IRS makes more changes and the battery requirement update in March\April

Reactions: KangThe
seriously! there is a MSM with black interior Performance in inventory. It is $3K more than the car I ordered. But I would lose out on $3,500 state EV rebate because it goes over the limit.

I am torn lol. is $6,500 worth the performance upgrade without white seats or the color I want....
For me, I won't spend 6.5k for the P trim with the color exterior or interior that I don't want, but it's totally OK if you feel otherwise

Personally I prefer the feel (torque) rather than the 0-60 time, so the MYLR is good enough for me, even the RWD M3 was good enough for me

Also I don't want the 21" wheels, rear spoiler, or lowered suspension, but many others want them so the P trim is worth the price gap between LR and P

I would have opted for the Performance if I was in a warmer climate. Being in Chicago...I don't know if I can drive on those 21's with I believe summer tires. Would need to invest in another set for winter and colder temps...but still tempting...ugh.

Of course this happens right after I get my VIN and it is now harder to change lol.

I would have opted for the Performance if I was in a warmer climate. Being in Chicago...I don't know if I can drive on those 21's with I believe summer tires. Would need to invest in another set for winter and colder temps...but still tempting...ugh.

Of course this happens right after I get my VIN and it is now harder to change lol.
This is true. Plus in winter there are too many potholes. It will definitely pop tires more often than on the 19in Gemini wheels.

Reactions: brisk

I'm hoping now some will change their build and ill get mine sooner lol

• Funny
Reactions: KangThe and brisk
And when I test drove the MYLR with 20's I thought the ride was a bit too rough. So can only imagine the 21's being rougher...
But still performance for 4k more haha...
Yes! That and I understand the Performance does have a stiffer suspension as opposed the comfort suspension on the LR.

the MYP is gone from the inventory now too. But I am glad it is, I didn't want to regret not getting this build of Blue and white interior. I think it looks beautiful!

Reactions: chobra
And when I test drove the MYLR with 20's I thought the ride was a bit too rough. So can only imagine the 21's being rougher...
But still performance for 4k more hah

Tesla shop: snow chains for the 21" wheels are interesting...

1625882-00-A_3_2000.jpg

1625882-00-A_4_2000.jpg

1625882-00-A_0_2000.jpg

1625882-00-A_1_2000.jpg

I just spoke to my coworker who has a performance. He said not to get it due to:

1) $$ --> The power is there but you 99% won't use it making it not worth it. Reg is plenty fast enough already and 99% of the time you won't even use all that power
2) Rough suspension, thin tire --> bursted rims several times

Reactions: chobra
I just spoke to my coworker who has a performance. He said not to get it due to:

1) $$ --> The power is there but you 99% won't use it making it not worth it. Reg is plenty fast enough already and 99% of the time you won't even use all that power
This is my thought process to...I am going to keep telling myself this...haha

View attachment 902953
Took delivery of my Model Y last night! OD was 1/16. Very impressed with the quality. No major issues that I noticed.

Overall fit and finish is WAY better than my 2019 Model 3. The blue and white color combination looks great in person.
Congrats on your seamless delivery!
What type of wheel covers are those?
And boy you didn't waste anytime swapping them out!

My favorite car was also my slowest car, 1984 BMW 325e
Even when compared to my fastest car, 2009 BMW M3

But that's me, someone else will say otherwise

This is my thought process to...I am going to keep telling myself this...haha

Congrats on your seamless delivery!
What type of wheel covers are those?
And boy you didn't waste anytime swapping them out!
Thanks!

Ordered the wheel covers from AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...00030675676687!sea&curPageLogUid=umM7jTm7t2b4

I knew I wanted the 19in wheels for the added rubber/comfort but hated the look of the stock covers. These are a big step up, in my book!

Reactions: KangThe and brisk
These look great honestly!!! I been looking for a few days and didn’t like any that were on Amazon. But these are nice!

Reactions: Aybikes

Thanks. I just put in an order for these as well. Funny thing is I have ordered a bunch of accessories even before the car has arrived ... haha

Still wondering whether to put the center cap. I plan to get the PPF done soon, will ask those folks as well for suggestions ...

Reactions: Aybikes