Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did get a hold of someone from the delivery team and they told me orders are filled by order date... not entirely sure how true that is
I'd like to think that is true...However I ordered on the morning of 1/13 and still waiting for VIN while some ordered afterwards and have received VIN already...same color/option car (blue/white/19"). Example? See above post #59 in this thread.

I'd like to think that is true...However I ordered on the morning of 1/13 and still waiting for VIN while some ordered afterwards and have received VIN already...same color/option car (blue/white/19"). Example? See above post #59 in this thread.
Agreed. I don't think it's completely true. Maybe order position by specific service center? When my VIN was assigned my first thought was either existing inventory or a previously rejected car due to how late my original order date was. I asked the SA and they said it was manufactured this month.

So it could be a variety of factors. Again, this is just my thought process, I don't know any official details. Just what I think:
  1. Car can already be in the inventory at the time. (highly unlikely because someone would have purchased it and it would be assigned much sooner than waiting a week)
  2. Someone elses rejected car. (this could be a possibility)
  3. The car was already in transport towards that state. My brother got his VIN on the 18th and the car is scheduled to arrive here in a few days. His pickup date is Feb 7th. That is 20 days after he was assigned the VIN. So I think what really happened to those lucky individuals was that their car was already built by 1/13 when they ordered and the car was being shipped to that location and in a few days they got linked up with the VIN.

Again, that's what I think, doesn't mean it is true or correct. But just makes sense in my mind as to why some got it sooner than others. Otherwise, I would assume, it is first come first serve.

Hi everyone,

Creating this waiting room for all the Model Y - LR with Blue Exterior and White interior orders.

OD: Jan 13 (3am ET)
Config: Blue Ext / White Int / 19" / 5-seater / No other opts
EDD: Jan 28 to Feb 25
No VIN yet.

@KangThe @Cmarkortiz @randomwalk101 @Fusion @Garlock @kfindura @Ostrichsak

Feel free to tag anyone who I am missing.

My VIN got assigned 30 minutes back.

PF667
EDD- Feb 5 to Feb 9
VIN assigned on Jan 27.

My EDD (after VIN assignment) got updated a while back.
Feb 9 to Feb 18

Reactions: Aybikes and KangThe
So, I have sooo much work to do at work. I am so busy. So I decided to go back on this forum, page by page, type up all the usernames, their date ordered, their EDD and see if I find some sort of a pattern. Because you know... I got so much work to do, it just makes sense to use my time doing this instead.... 🤣

There is definitely a pattern. I feel like the ones between Feb 2 to Feb 8 EDD seem like they are part of a batch that should be ready by then. Why else would so many people get a EDD around the same time. And you can clearly see a batch around Feb 20th too. '

And it looks like anyone with Jan 28/31 EDD got their vin a day or 2 before.

So I would assume that our VINs for the 2/02 to 2/08 VINS should be hitting. Most likely tomorrow. It looks like most VINS get issued on Friday. At least that is what I have observed.

UsernameDate OrderedTime OrderedEDDEDDLocationVIN DateEDDEDDDelivery Date
@hoax.killer
13-Jan​
3AM
28-Jan​
25-Feb​
NJ
27-Jan​
9-Feb​
18-Feb​
@Fusion
13-Jan​