Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did this. Cost me $250 for the option. I like the wheels though. Ideally I'd have a 7 seater but that isn't an option with the P.

Still not sure which one I will take. I was always going to buy the acceleration boost upgrade for the MYLR so that factors into the decision. I fully expect both EDDs to be pushed back, but the difference in delivery is striking.
I also plan to get the acceleration boost upgrade for the MYLR.

For fellow January orders, has anyone attempted a trade-in with Tesla and received a value back? Mine has been pending for a number of days now. What's the typical turnaround time? It seems like it should be a pretty straightforward thing and I'm wondering if it's holding anything up by not being completed.
I received off back at 3 days (which actually was a Sunday!)

Why not get the Performance model?

Well yeah. If you look back at my post, that's why I also put a deposit on a P. I'm just torn between having 7 seats (shuffling kids and friends, not an option on the P) versus the P.

Interestingly, my EDD for the P narrowed to 2 weeks overnight, and it's at the front end of my prior EDD. I still don't believe it and would be pleasantly surprised to see either by EOQ, but it's just such a difference in delivery timeframes given when I ordered each. I realize higher margin cars are prioritized but wow.

Well yeah. If you look back at my post, that's why I also put a deposit on a P. I'm just torn between having 7 seats (shuffling kids and friends, not an option on the P) versus the P.

Interestingly, my EDD for the P narrowed to 2 weeks overnight, and it's at the front end of my prior EDD. I still don't believe it and would be pleasantly surprised to see either by EOQ, but it's just such a difference in delivery timeframes given when I ordered each. I realize higher margin cars are prioritized but wow.

Have you ever seen a review that stated that the 3rd row is useful for anyone over 4 feet tall, and possessing legs? Please post the link.

Why not get the Performance model?
No kids for me so not having a 7-seat option isn't an issue. Living in Chicago with occasional bad winters and terrible roads year-round, I feel the 19s will work better for me. I also prioritize range over all-out performance, and prefer (odd as it sounds) the look of the Gemini wheels over two black options simply from a color perspective. I know I could sell the wheels and tires if I want to, but honestly I'm just not interested in having to deal with any hassles. I'm a simple guy, and I actually don't mind the look with the Gemini covers removed plus I like the ability to change it up without having to swap wheels/tires.

Reactions: BGOwner
No kids for me so not having a 7-seat option isn't an issue. Living in Chicago with occasional bad winters and terrible roads year-round, I feel the 19s will work better for me. I also prioritize range over all-out performance, and prefer (odd as it sounds) the look of the Gemini wheels over two black options simply from a color perspective. I know I could sell the wheels and tires if I want to, but honestly I'm just not interested in having to deal with any hassles. I'm a simple guy, and I actually don't mind the look with the Gemini covers removed plus I like the ability to change it up without having to swap wheels/tires.
I feel this too, I ordered a P and am concerned about the wheels getting smashed to hell here in Indiana. We just got 10" of snow yesterday and I left my Model 3 at home and took the 2004 Wrangler to work. Our state flower is the pothole because nobody wants to invest in roads here. I might sell my 21" turbines and get the gemini wheels.

Reactions: benhinc
Has anyone received a text from TESLA regarding a trade in vehicle. I never mentioned it to the SA. Is this just a generic text? Could it be because my EDD is getting closer?
566BAA8D-81F9-4205-B0DD-6EFB92CED7C4.jpeg