Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated EDD: March 15 - 31, 2022

Asked advisor when I should apply for financing, and they said to hold on. Implied it could slow down delivery if it’s not ready, so waiting on their advice.
Wow you got a reply from your Advisor, mine was great at purchase of the car. After we went home, I got alert text but been ghosting to all my questions lol. Can I request a new advisor? lol.

Didn’t take me that long, but, it will expire after 30 days, so better off selecting no trade in. 30 days or so out from your EDD, they will
Contact you to ask if you want to trade in. And if not, SA can change.
Oh whoops, I did trade-in said only had to update mileage until VIN# supplied and selecting delivery date. So I accepted it on 1/31/2022, it said accept by or expires 3/1/2022. So I'll have to resubmit the trade-in offer? my new EDD moved from March to now June 16th, so I should wait until I get confirmation by Tesla asking about Trade-in?

Oh whoops, I did trade-in said only had to update mileage until VIN# supplied and selecting delivery date. So I accepted it on 1/31/2022, it said accept by or expires 3/1/2022. So I'll have to resubmit the trade-in offer? my new EDD moved from March to now June 16th, so I should wait until I get confirmation by Tesla asking about Trade-in?
When it expires, just say No Trade in. Then when you get VIN, you can request a new trade in Quote.

Reactions: Otter2007
Wow you got a reply from your Advisor, mine was great at purchase of the car. After we went home, I got alert text but been ghosting to all my questions lol. Can I request a new advisor? lol.
If you have a sales center nearby, you could probably ask them about it. I went into one yesterday just to see if there was anything I should do to avoid delays. They don't seem to have any additional information, but were confident that the 3/15-3/31 dates would stick because MYP is prioritized. No reason to doubt, but didn't seem like they had special info when they looked it up.

Reactions: jleeusn
If you have a sales center nearby, you could probably ask them about it. I went into one yesterday just to see if there was anything I should do to avoid delays. They don't seem to have any additional information, but were confident that the 3/15-3/31 dates would stick because MYP is prioritized. No reason to doubt, but didn't seem like they had special info when they looked it up.
Thank you! The sales center is 45 mins away in Walnut creek that has toll bridge for us ugh. It's okay I'll just wait. I hope I can cancel my trade-in offer because I did quote now thru Carvana and they gonna give me $3k more then Tesla. I thought Tesla was high because local honda dealership only give me $20k for 2yr old car.

Tesla SA encouraged us to sell and not trade in. Ended up with a ridiculously high offer from Carvana and jumped on it. Now, we wait for delivery that's expected June/July. ;)
Funny our SA didn't say much about shopping around for trade-in quotes. lol. So I already accepted the Tesla trade in offer, thought that was good with $2k more then local honda dealership offer. Now I checked Carvana - they gonna give us $4k more than Tesla. WTF! I hope I can cancel my tesla trade in, it says expires 3/1 and our EDD moved to June 12th (original was Aug 2022 lol). Who knows. Our SA sucks, never replied to any my text messages.

My vin was assigned today, pick up scheduled 2/22!
Congrats!! What was your original order specs and original EDD
Model Y White/White and 20" wheels ordered Feb 2 with August 2022 est. delivery date
Did you complete all the Tesla 'manage order' steps? to move it too payment screen and choose cash. I did all that 5 days later and EDD moved to June 16th (order date 1/28/21 and original EDD August 2022).
?

Long time reader, first time poster - thought I would add my name to the list!

MYLR, Black/Black, 5 Seater, 19 inch, no tow, no FSD

OD: 12/29/21
EDD1: July 2022
EDD2: Apr16-May16 2022
EDD3: August 2022 <-- my trade-in offer expired and so I no longer had a complete profile
EDD4: Jun3-July1 2022 <-- resubmitted trade-in offer and was approved again
Hey that's great news, ordered 1/28, EDD was august 2022 but moved to June 12th after moved 'manage account' to payment screen (cash). I also did trade-in but will prob. expire by time of Vin# assigned. I got a better quote thru Carvana at $4k more then Tesla offering. I'd strongly suggest you check the sell in offer to Carvana!! ;-). You will have to resubmit your trade-in when EDD is a month out.

Ordered 1/26/22
Est Del. Date: 5/3 - 6/27

I'm in Southeastern PA, picking up in Devon

Long Range 5 seat, grey, white interior, Gemini, no towing, no FSD.

I chose cash payment but will likely finance with a large down payment. I'm going to shop for financing and then compare to Tesla. Will get an insurance quote from my current provider and compare that to Tesla as well.

Any tips? I feel like I've done a lot of research and I'm really stoked for this vehicle.
Good Luck, we are doing the same but will shop around when get closer to delivery date (a month out). I guess when Vin# assigned. will shop around at local credit unions, they offer great car loan rates.

Reactions: HellsKitchen
We ordered our Long Range Model Y 2022 (standard int black, 19in tires, Blue, 3rd row & tow hitch) on 1/28/2022. Original EDD August 2022. After a week I figured out I had to complete more steps online lol, like fill out Reg info, trade in offer, move to cash. Then it moved the EDD to March 18-30.. I got excited. A week later it moved back to June 18-July 10th. How's everyone EDD been changing? I hope we are lucky to get the Tesla before summer, here in CA the gas prices are avg $4 per gal and expect up to $5-$6 per gal by May/June. So much for those covid prices due to demand and always excuses by CA refineries having partial shutdowns. Insane excuses.
Maybe prices are high due to irrational decisions like President Biden arbitrarily shutting down pipeline projects.

I am about to order a Y but it says Dec 22 arrival :( But now it says Aug 22 - so confused.
After reading these things that they come earlier makes me wonder.
I was also thinking of the 3 as it says April but now I am torn. I have a test drive on Wed so I guess I will decide if I think the 3 is too low down for me getting in and out of.

Reactions: Otter2007
I am about to order a Y but it says Dec 22 arrival :( But now it says Aug 22 - so confused.
After reading these things that they come earlier makes me wonder.
I was also thinking of the 3 as it says April but now I am torn. I have a test drive on Wed so I guess I will decide if I think the 3 is too low down for me getting in and out of.
Edit... I guess when you add the No-charge wheels the date goes to Dec. With the $2000 wheels it is Aug 🤷‍♀️