Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally figured out why I don't have a VIN yet.... I didn't know I had to click the "Request a VIN" button in the app. Hopefully I get one soon now.
Hmm, I‘ve never seen that button. I got a VIN a few days ago. Really is a pretty haphazard process. I’ve gotten a couple of emails with links to videos available in the app. I got one call to my land line, so no texts. Tesla service has always contacted me through my mobile or the app. I just went in and changed my official phone number on the website.

Hmm, I‘ve never seen that button. I got a VIN a few days ago. Really is a pretty haphazard process. I’ve gotten a couple of emails with links to videos available in the app. I got one call to my land line, so no texts. Tesla service has always contacted me through my mobile or the app. I just went in and changed my official phone number on the website.
Congratulations! I was joking about a Request VIN button. It seems like a lot of January orders are getting VINs now. I'm really hoping to get a Model Y before the end of Sept. So far though, no VIN.

Well played sir, I usually consider myself internet sarcasm savvy but missed out on that one. Having a VIN is good, but then you get to the “when am I gong to know about delivery time so I can gather funds and do all the other stuff needed for a new car?”
That is me right now. I got my VIN two days ago and it's been complete silence. No emails, no texts. I have completed what I can in the app/online and I have not heard a thing from anyone. I am waiting for them to give me my trade-in value and that is the only pending item. Everything else is complete including payment. I cannot do the insurance until I choose my delivery date as Tesla insurance won't let you finalize buying their insurance until you set your delivery date.....so I sit here and wait......

VIN was received on 14 August.

On 17 August I received the below text from Tesla.

Hi Gary, your Model Y has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!

Provide your lender with your Purchase Agreement (MVPA) at this time in order to have your loan funded. Tesla requires proof of funds before your vehicle is deliverable.

Be on the lookout for a message within the next two weeks to schedule your delivery appointment. When you receive that message, be sure to schedule as soon as possible, as appointments fill up quickly.

Reply to this message if you need assistance.

Then on 25 August I got the below message:

Hi Gary, congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model Y for delivery.

Select your tentative appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/(They had my RN number here. )

Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection of your Model Y. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.

So I scheduled for next available date to me which is 6 Sep. I had contacted them between receiving the two texts and the told me my car would be in Raleigh on 2 Sep.

Yesterday I got a call and we went over everything and the girl stated my car was now due in Raleigh on 4 Sep and that if everything checks out okay with the car thst we would still be on for 6 Sep pick up.

My OD was 16 January. Car has Fremont VIN.

Hope this info helps as to what to expect.

Last edited:

Hi Gary, your Model Y has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!

Provide your lender with your Purchase Agreement (MVPA) at this time in order to have your loan funded. Tesla requires proof of funds before your vehicle is deliverable.

Be on the lookout for a message within the next two weeks to schedule your delivery appointment. When you receive that message, be sure to schedule as soon as possible, as appointments fill up quickly.

Select your tentative appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/(They had my RN number here. )

Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection of your Model Y. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.

So I scheduled for next available date to me which is 6 Sep. I had contacted them between receiving the two texts and the told me my car would be in Raleigh on 2 Sep.

Yesterday I got a call and we went over everything and the girl stated my car was now due in Raleigh on 4 Sep and that if everything checks out okay with the car thst we would still be on for 6 Sep pick up.

It does, thanks. Mine left the factory today so I’m pending scheduling.

Has anyone worked the mobile connector promo code process? I asked when I would get and it received the vague response it would be some time closer to delivery. Any guesses on how many days pre-delivery I will receive it?

Has anyone worked the mobile connector promo code process? I asked when I would get and it received the vague response it would be some time closer to delivery. Any guesses on how many days pre-delivery I will receive it?
I have no idea. Mine comes with the car, so I'm not sure. Wish I could answer your question for you.

Thank you. It does. I stopped out at the so called dealership today and found out that I didn't have an SA assigned to my account. We got that all settled and did some formal introductions. I am starting to feel somewhat better. Anxiety level has home from a 10 to a 7.

Reactions: Gary.F
I just modified my order to include Tow this morning. My EDD was Nov-Jan

Well, I was pleasantly surprised I got the VIN assignment within 2 hours with Delivery Sep 12-16. That was quick
Austin VIN.
MYLR White/black, tow. 19 Gemini

On to pre delivery tasks now including insurance update, financing etc

I just modified my order to include Tow this morning. My EDD was Nov-Jan

Well, I was pleasantly surprised I got the VIN assignment within 2 hours with Delivery Sep 12-16. That was quick
Austin VIN.
MYLR White/black, tow. 19 Gemini

On to pre delivery tasks now including insurance update, financing etc
I have the same build with the tow. I think they must be doing that configuration right now on the line as I received my VIN two days ago.

Reactions: Skk1969 and ohmman

I can answer my own question here: I was provided the $200 promo code (I had requested) the same day as when I received the message the Y left the factory.

I can answer my own question here: I was provided the $200 promo code (I had requested) the same day as when I received the message the Y left the factory.
Do we need to ask someone or call Tesla for promo code? I never had to call Tesla earlier. Who’d be SA? Also I am assuming I will be getting Factory Left text sometime in coming days.

Thank you!

Am I missing something about the promo code? Is it for the mobile connector? I thought that if you ordered the vehicle before April 15th or whatever date, that the mobile connector would be in the car when you picked it up. Is Tesla giving a promo code to order it instead?