Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately this morning I woke up to a new EDD…it went out to a 6 week window of Oct 7-Nov 11. 😱 Sounds like I was worried about traveling for no reason after all. What a roller coaster!!! I will still try to get in touch with my SA prior to leaving the country just in case. Thanks for your te
Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately this morning I woke up to a new EDD…it went out to a 6 week window of Oct 7-Nov 11. 😱 Sounds like I was worried about traveling for no reason after all. What a roller coaster!!! I will still try to get in touch with my SA prior to leaving the country just in case. Thanks for your advise!
Well, Tesla is crazy! After getting pushed back to Oct 7-Nov 11 yesterday morning things changed pretty quickly today! This morning I woke up to a new EDD of Sept 13-23. A few hours later I got a text message with the VIN number and EDD changed to Sept 13-18th. I can’t even believe it!!! 🥹. Arizona, OD 1/16. MYLR black with white interior 20” wheels. So excited!

Got another text
Your vehicle is scheduled to land on 9/11 and you should be receiving a scheduling link via SMS in coming days. Stay excited and we will see you soon!
EDD Sep 11-15
Still no text for scheduling. That’s weird. Not able to schedule and inside my delivery dates after VIN assignment 2 weeks bk.

Attachments

• 6D6ED07D-09F7-4917-8A1A-B1EA1FFB1A2B.png
    6D6ED07D-09F7-4917-8A1A-B1EA1FFB1A2B.png
    359.4 KB · Views: 109
I was supposed to take delivery today of my Austin built MYLR white, tow, but I got a text Saturday and I picked it up early. I did get the matrix headlights, but no mobile connector - I ordered it with the code yesterday. I am in love with my car! We went from the dealership to a winery and they had free charging at the winery - bonus! I have never been this excited to drive a car!

Still no text for scheduling. That’s weird. Not able to schedule and inside my delivery dates after VIN assignment 2 weeks bk.
Texted Tesla to find out when can I schedule pickup as I’m within my delivery window and VIN assignment. Got following response

At this time we're unsure. The reason is that there is an issue at the rail yard delaying all shipments from them.

Once that's resolved, or your vehicle is able to get clear of that concern, we'll let you know what the anticipated arrival is.”

This is frustrating

I was supposed to take delivery today of my Austin built MYLR white, tow, but I got a text Saturday and I picked it up early. I did get the matrix headlights, but no mobile connector - I ordered it with the code yesterday. I am in love with my car! We went from the dealership to a winery and they had free charging at the winery - bonus! I have never been this excited to drive a car!

What VIN range did you have for your Austin MYLR? This is the first I've heard of an Austin build getting matrix

Texted Tesla to find out when can I schedule pickup as I’m within my delivery window and VIN assignment. Got following response

At this time we're unsure. The reason is that there is an issue at the rail yard delaying all shipments from them.

Once that's resolved, or your vehicle is able to get clear of that concern, we'll let you know what the anticipated arrival is.”

This is frustrating
Finally got the schedule delivery txt. First available was sep 16th. Took that 🤞

Congratulations!
Did you get matching door trims and matrix lights on this Austin build? What’s your VIN series? Mine is A012xxx

Thanks!

Can I get someones opinion on this: At the time I ordered the car, FSD was $10,000. I can still get it at this price and am curious if anyone thinks it would be a good investment down the road if I were to sell the car about 5+ years in the future? Thanks!
I think it probably would. But who really knows? Before I ordered my MYLR I was checking prices on used cars. Those with FSD were priced at or higher than brand new cars. Crazy. But anything you add to a car can be questionable as to it adding value. I think it will though.

Can I get someones opinion on this: At the time I ordered the car, FSD was $10,000. I can still get it at this price and am curious if anyone thinks it would be a good investment down the road if I were to sell the car about 5+ years in the future? Thanks!
I'm going with the EAP at $6k. It has all of the FSD features that you're guaranteed to get except for Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control, and then you have the option to subscribe to FSD for only $99/mo should Autosteer On City Streets become available to everyone.

They say FSD retains about half its value upon resale (if you look at listings with/without, this seems to hold as they're only about $5k higher with). I am of the opinion that it's not worth it, not for today or for resale. AP on its own is perfectly usable and helpful for me.

I took delivery today. How do I tell if I have the door trim and headlights y'all are talking about? I have Austin build A0123xx
See below examples of matrix headlights (look for circle at outside of light) and new door trim.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220912_191735_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220912_191735_Google.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20220912_191701_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220912_191701_Google.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Helpful
Reactions: ohmman