TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Jason Kenney Takes Shot at NDP and Tesla

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Scott_L, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Scott_L

Scott_L Member

Jason Kenney on Twitter

Just a massive face palm. This tweet doesn't even make sense. Of course a new SC on a Wednesday morning isn't busy. He obviously doesn't understanding EV charging infrastructure. Also, get your truck out of that stall.

2. scrmn

scrmn Member

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

It is painful to scroll through those tweets and consider the massive amount of EV education needed to correct all the misstatements and inaccuracies being made.

I wish my Canadian Tesla friends the very best: just like in the US we have a lot of work to do!

• Like x 3
  4. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

We have a new gold standard for stupidity.

• Funny x 3
  5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

You are too hard on your fellow Canadians. Here in the US we have our own that vastly exceeds anything you could produce...

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
  6. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Sadly I must agree. You guys have really outdone yourselves this time around. :) I never thought it possible that GWB and Jesse Ventura could look like clear minded pragmatists. Yet here we are.

• Funny x 4
  7. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

8. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

The problem is that I am a US citizen residing in Canada, so my reputation is stained by ignorant people on both sides of the border.

• Funny x 2
  9. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yes I suspect we'll soon all be wishing we had GWB back again...

10. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

So painful reading all the ignorant posts there. It's so tempting to tune everyone up but Alberta O&G is hurting, it's understandable there is such bitterness there.

The good news is EVs ain't going away anytime soon, hopefully our "less informed" brethren will embrace the EV avalanche sooner rather than later.

11. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

The conservatives in Alberta want to keep the tar flowing. The future will not be paved on tar, but yet they spent their entire 10 year stint in Federal Government growing the tar sands at the expense of progress on other elements of the economy.

Ignorance can be found in all political stripes, but the denial of high technology solutions and science is particularly strong with conservatives. Of course, there are many conservative Tesla owners, and I am not disparaging them by highlighting that the conservative party platforms are on balance far more anti-science than other party platforms.

Kenny's tweet is a sad reminder that there is so much more to do to educate and convince people of the need for sustainable transportation.

Perhaps conservative Tesla owners could approach their conservative un-elected representatives and elected officials with information in hand...just a thought.

12. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Disappointing.

13. Porfiry

Porfiry Member

Mr. Kenney, I'm trying to change my behaviour as fast as I can, but Tesla has 400,000 orders to fill before they get to me. :(

• Like x 2
  14. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

An American company builds charging stations in Canada at its own expense, in a Province where Big Oil gets billions in subsidies from Canadian taxpayers, and it's turned around by a Canadian politician and his followers as a NDP initiative? Unbelievable.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general population. That's who our leaders reflect.

• Like x 3
  15. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Let's just put it this way. The AB Conservative Party is so right wing one of their MLAs crossed the floor and joined the NDP.

16. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

In other news, empty gas stations abound. How much soil is being contaminated by unnecessary stations? Are these really just money-laundering fronts?

Whatever is going on here, it is extremely suspicious. Someone should write a blog about it or something.

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 8.49.08 AM.png

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. doubeld

doubeld Member

There was so much stupid in the comments there I just had to reply. I used what little free time I had during my baby's nap to blast that out - that's how much it bothered me. Not many people that posted will read it as the "article" is a few days old now, but maybe people that stumble upon it later will see a little bit of actual information that makes sense and isn't absolute horse *sugar*.

• Like x 1
  18. Shorty

Shorty Member

Unfortunately, we have adopted from our American friends the belief that ignorant, inflammatory comments are now the way to get elected and Mr. Kenney has amped up his efforts.

19. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member