Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda V4 Wireless Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max with a Apple Leather case, and the one redeeming quality of V4 is that it does fit and charge as promised, and the case actually makes the MagSafe part of the pad hold enough but still easy to take off the charger.
Your Pro Max and Apple leather case charges?! Mine doesn’t on the one just delivered to me and my friends. I’m hoping it’s a bad batch….but not holding my breath…..

I have been anxiously awaiting my v4 wireless pad since January and it finally arrived in Canada today. Much to my disappointment, my iPhone 8 Plus is only charging in the left portrait position. When I place it in either the right portrait or lower landscape position it charges for a few seconds then quits. :(
I have tried with the case removed and get the same result.
I tried my sons iPhone 11 mini which supports MagSafe and it worked in all locations.

My v4 charging is VERY slow. Replacing a Taptes that Barry could keep the phone at a level battery charge and this one isn’t any better.
Also, unreliable charging in the left hand slot with an 11Pro. Turns off after a few seconds as others have said about their right slots.

I am on my second v4 pad now and not a happy customer. It works alright with my iPhone 12 but we have two iPhone XS that do not work with the pad. Both phones start charging and then stop after a second. All phones are naked without cases. I wonder if it is the MagSafe magnets that interfere with older phones? Anyway, I would stay away from the v4 pad.
Mine is doing the same thing and I have an iPhone XS and it does not work with or without the case and does the exact same thing if plugged into a wall outlet so clearly it is the pad and not the USB ports in my Tesla

I bought the v4 Jeda pad and it has not worked since I bought it. I've written to Jeda Support 4 times. Sometimes they tell me to do things I have already done (even though you can see that if you read the whole thread) I'd advise you all to avoid this product. I'm trying to get a refund.
I have an iPhone XS

iOS 14.5.1

I have tried with and without the spacer. When I put my phone down on either side, my phone looks like it’s charging and then the charging stops.

I have a plastic Rifle Paper case - same problem with or without the case.

If I plug the Jeda pad into a wall outlet it does the same thing on both sides

I have been emailing with Jeda support as well regarding the charging issues with the new v4 wireless pad. My order placed in January was for the v3 wireless pad. I am starting to think that I would have been better off without the “upgrade” to the v4 pad.
I am hopeful that Jeda will make things right. It sounds like they focussed on improving support for some of the newer phones but maybe compromised on support for some of the earlier phones.

Just received my v4 after a month long wait. Doesn't seem to work with my iPhone X. Sort of works in portrait on the left hand side sometimes. Right side doesn't work at all (starts charging and then stops). Are there any wireless pads out there that don't suck? Anyone have luck getting a refund? I just emailed them...

I ordered in February. 2021 Finally delivered last week (June 2021 - FOUR months later...) while I was on vacation. Tried it out today it doesn't charge AT ALL. Even bringing it inside and connecting directly to a USB charge port. Also tried taking off my phone cover.

Well I got it to work after talking to Jeda support. Installing the spacer helps line up the phone correctly somehow. Still ridiculous that you have to do that, but at least it charges (probably slowly...havent try to see the charging rate yet)

With my iPhone X I weirdly am having better luck with only a single USB cord plugged in. It still is super finicky. With both plugged in, neither side works more than a second before it kicks off. My partner's iPhone 12 seems to work ok. It's actually great without the case as the magsafe magnets pull it into position. With the case, the magsafe magnets don't actually hold it the required few inches up from the bottom so it shuts off constantly.

Did they just not test these things at all except for like a brand new iPhone without a case or something? Or is the quality control just bad? This would be a ripoff as a $20 amazon purchase. The fact that it cost nearly $100 and took a month to ship is just comical.

Mine was ordered in early February and delivered a week ago. It will not charge under ANY circumstances. Plugged in directly to a wall charger or in the car. Spacer is installed. I informed Jeda and they gave me trouble shooting tips. When I replied that their tips did not work and asked for return/refund instructions they started ghosting me so I filed a credit card dispute.

If they want to reach out and send me a shipping label they can get their defective product back.

I love their Hub - too bad their Charging pad doesn't work.

I have the Iphone 12 pro max. I just went out to the car to test it in all positions. With case on it charges in the vertical position on the left side of the pad, and also in the horizontal position, spacer installed. It also charges in the right side vertical position, but only with the case off. Since my wife charges her older iPhone with the cord, the V4 meets our needs. Obviously I can't speak for other types of phones - but that's what this forum is for. Just want to make sure that the good , as well as the bad, gets aired on the V4. Cheers.

I have the Iphone 12 pro max. I just went out to the car to test it in all positions. With case on it charges in the vertical position on the left side of the pad, and also in the horizontal position, spacer installed. It also charges in the right side vertical position, but only with the case off. Since my wife charges her older iPhone with the cord, the V4 meets our needs. Obviously I can't speak for other types of phones - but that's what this forum is for. Just want to make sure that the good , as well as the bad, gets aired on the V4. Cheers.

In the spirit of sharing the good and the bad. I installed Jeda's SSD for the sentry about the same time as I received the 4.18.2 update. My browser function became so slow as to be useless. The SC had the car today, and could not find anything awry concerning the browser in the logs or in their function testing. They did, however, remove the SSD during those tests. It seems to have cleared up the browser complaint. I've uninstalled the SSD.

Mine was ordered in early February and delivered a week ago. It will not charge under ANY circumstances. Plugged in directly to a wall charger or in the car. Spacer is installed. I informed Jeda and they gave me trouble shooting tips. When I replied that their tips did not work and asked for return/refund instructions they started ghosting me so I filed a credit card dispute.

If they want to reach out and send me a shipping label they can get their defective product back.

I love their Hub - too bad their Charging pad doesn't work.

I too received troubleshooting instructions immediately but have yet to hear back on a refund. I'd be open to getting a replacement product but so far it sounds like the v4 pad simply doesn't work for most people. Going to give them the week (just emailed again) before I file a chargeback with my CC company.

Honestly wishing I had gone for the knockoff product on amazon. It would have arrived in 2 days with prime shipping instead of over a month and even if it was worse (which is honestly hard to believe given how this pad is basically worthless lol) I could have returned it with zero hassle.

They are a bunch of thieves looking to rip people off with *sugar* products!!!

My credit card company said to dispute the charge, my email to them—>

There’s no excuses to keep on giving excuses, its just an excuse after another excuse, thats why i called my credit card company and told them the same thing that companies like yours i should stay away.

They agreed to dispute the charge like i said i would do, yes cancel the order like i asked for after your 4th excuse.

I’m going online to the message forum and male a copy of each of your responses to show everyone and let them decide if they should buy from someone that keeps on giving them excuses after excuses or someone that’s reliable.

CANCEL THE ORDER AND THEN **** OFF!