Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought a New 2018 LR RWD from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you check the "Premium Connectivity" is for life and not 1 year limited?

Homelink I think there will be a house button at the top / middle of the screen, thanks for that tip.
5290AF3B-82A6-4A28-B4CF-6C923CD3D538.jpeg

I was browsing for cars last night and I saw a New 2018 Model 3 LR RWD with 117 miles for sale. I jumped on it and paid the $100 ordering fee. Vin is 027XXX.

It is sold as a brand new car with the full 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. I also got a price adjustment on it of $2,470 so I think it's a good deal...?

Is there anything I should look out for with this car? Pick up is at Feb 9.
I took delivery of a June 2018 Model 3 RWD March of 2019. 60 Miles on the odo, sold as new. You got a great deal. Just wondering where it was all that time.

Reactions: Oofie810
It could be one of the returned right hand drive countries left hand drive showroom cars
These cars were permanently in the showrooms as they could not be driven
on the road in right hand drive countries.
These cars were returned to the US when right hand drive M3 deliveries started for
each right had drive country
For Au and NZ that would have been September 2019 not sure about GB
or the other right hand drive countries

Well I was told they were shipped back to the US....
Could be they were destroyed, or used for parts. some counties have strange restrictions on
Import/export, I like to believe what I was told and those lonely forlorn M3’s all found a nice
homes back in the US and lived happily ever after

Reactions: Oofie810
I was browsing for cars last night and I saw a New 2018 Model 3 LR RWD with 117 miles for sale. I jumped on it and paid the $100 ordering fee. Vin is 027XXX.

It is sold as a brand new car with the full 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. I also got a price adjustment on it of $2,470 so I think it's a good deal...?

I have a 2018 LR RWD, and because it was First Production series it has the upgraded interior (which I would not have gotten if I'd had the choice, but which I love) and I bought EAP.

I love the car. EAP is wonderful. The car charges from my solar, so after the installation cost the electricity is free and zero carbon. Someone once pointed out to me that the fit of the body panels is not perfect. I could see what she was pointing to, but I never notice it and I don't care.

Best and safest car I've ever owned. (Though the Roadster was more fun to drive.)

I guess I won’t actually know until my 1yr anniversary comes up but from here it’s beginning to look like early production cars are keeping their FUPC unless traded in and resold thru Tesla.

You can check your premium connectivity status if you login to your account at Tesla.com and go to the details of your car under "Manage". It should tell you if you have complimentary (with expiration date) or lifetime.

We have a July 2018 build date (47XXX) LR RWD that was delivered to us in October 2018. I, too, was curious about what had caused the delay and I had some concern about accepting a car with a 47XXX VIN when October build cars were receiving VINs above 100XXX. In fact, I gave some serious thought to rejecting the car before delivery and wait for a newer car but we went ahead and accepted delivery knowing that there might be issues. Turns out, there were issues, but Tesla stepped up and took care of them immediately. Since then, the car has been trouble free.

Last week, I checked and found I still have over 320 miles of stated range (I use % day-to -day). We charge at home daily and when we travel, we usually stop at a Supercharger long before we need to charge so we can use the rest room or have a snack. My hope is that Tesla brings the LR RWD back in a few years when my wife plans to replace her ICE. IMHO it truly is the best Model 3. BTW, mine did NOT come with Autopilot--a $3,000 after sale option as of today which I will probably continue to forgo. Nor did I get lifetime premium connectivity, which I am currently paying for monthly. However, I did receive the $7,500 tax credit--a real incentive to take delivery before the end of 2018.

I really lucked out with my LR RWD 2018, I got it in the used inventory from Tesla 3 months ago, was local as I was debating on a performance one, but it was on the other side of the country. It did show I had only 1 year free for connectivity when I picked it up. The latest update I now have it as part of my premium connectivity “package included”, I’m not saying a word :D

Reactions: IdaX
You can check your premium connectivity status if you login to your account at Tesla.com and go to the details of your car under "Manage". It should tell you if you have complimentary (with expiration date) or lifetime.

Picked up the car today and the previous comment about Premium Connectivity based on actual tesla.com order date is accurate. My connectivity trial ends in 1 year.

I really lucked out with my LR RWD 2018, I got it in the used inventory from Tesla 3 months ago, was local as I was debating on a performance one, but it was on the other side of the country. It did show I had only 1 year free for connectivity when I picked it up. The latest update I now have it as part of my premium connectivity “package included”, I’m not saying a word :D
Had the same thing happen to me. Bought a 6/18 LR RWD in 8/19 and it originally had an expiration of 8/20 for premium connectivity. It now shows “package included” as well. I had been bummed that my 6/18 didn’t have lifetime connectivity because it goes off of purchase date rather than production date but maybe something in Tesla’s flawless backend “fixed” that ;)

Just out of curiosity, what do you get with "premium connectivity"? I got my car in March of 2018 IIRC, so I guess I have lifetime. (LR RWD PUP EAP) Do you get NAV maps without premium connectivity? I presume you need premium connectivity to get streaming audio. If I lived somewhere it mattered, I'd be very disappointed to lose the NAV maps but I wouldn't much care about the streaming audio because I'd be just as happy listening to the music stored on my phone.

• Love
Reactions: jonquiljo
Just out of curiosity, what do you get with "premium connectivity"? I got my car in March of 2018 IIRC, so I guess I have lifetime. (LR RWD PUP EAP) Do you get NAV maps without premium connectivity? I presume you need premium connectivity to get streaming audio. If I lived somewhere it mattered, I'd be very disappointed to lose the NAV maps but I wouldn't much care about the streaming audio because I'd be just as happy listening to the music stored on my phone.
This.
ECFFAEBB-E603-4EF5-B1F2-FEEBBB8AC2C2.jpeg

Reactions: daniel
How would you go about requesting they do that for free? I don't have FSD on the order I could see a counter argument from them that I don't need HW3 :eek: (I really would want to have it)

You wont get them to "upgrade your hardware to HW 3" without FSD purchased. As you correctly state, Teslas position is that HW3 is a requirement for FSD and you wont need it if you dont purchase FSD. So, dont waste your time asking for "the new computer" unless you are planning on purchasing FSD.

If you decide to purchase FSD, then you could ask them if they can do it before you pick it up. I find it unlikely though, as even if they were inclined to do it, they likely will not want to do it while THEY still own it, which is the case until you sign / pick it up. Teslas are not currently distressed products so if you end up not wanting it (which is normally the reason dealers throw things in) they will just sell it to someone else and let you move on, so its not like you have a lot of negotiating power in this transaction.

Reactions: hcdavis3 and OCR1

So you paid 2020 prices for a 2018 car?