Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Fart Mode - no other updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
last update made my $160,000 Model S fart. No dog mode, nothing else. I am in the majority here. I feel abondoned. What is the latest update number for Model S and X?

Pretty much all Model 3. They definitely haven't made S/X a priority. It seems lots of updates are coming, just not us. I'm sure "soon" but its been quite a long time (I'm on 2018.50.6). So most S/X are on 2018 firmware and its the end of March 2019.

last update made my $160,000 Model S fart. No dog mode, nothing else. I am in the majority here. I feel abondoned. What is the latest update number for Model S and X?
I made an appointment through the Tesla app for a software update. Scheduled for Monday 3-25-19. On Friday the service center called me to cancel the appointment and inform that my car had the latest software version available.
2017 MS100D EAP/FSD every feature available
My software version....2018.50.6 ie. “Fart Mode”. With the myriad of Elon update tweets and comments on TMC of all the Model 3 love it really is disconcerting and just plain sad.....

• Love
Reactions: BinaryField
50.6 is the current release according to my SC. Eveyrthing else is early access. All the examples of cool new stuff seems to be on Model 3’s... All the enhanced summon videos that are floating around are model 3, not model S/X. Model 3 has Sentry Mode, and etc. not S/X. This tells me were Tesla is focusing and it is not on S/X.

Reactions: StarLog
A few days ago I finally got an update (first time this year) 2019.5.15. I’m part of the priority software group (4 referrals) not sure if that’s the reason why but other than that my last update was the 2018.49 one. 2018 S75D. This update had dog mode

Just enjoy the car and think about how you're getting more free software updates than literally any other brand.

Software update is what Tesla "needs" to do because their buggy software needs improvement constantly from us beta users. Introducing new features is one of tesla selling points and built into the price when we signed the paperwork.

There should be a sticky that shows the latest update by model. Subdivided into beta testers and the normal population. Tired to having the wife see something and ask if we have the latest update. Even better if Tesla showed it somewhere on their website.

Our 2017 90D MS was updated yesterday with 2018.50.6 Fart mode (which we already had), no sentry or enhanced summon.

There should be a sticky that shows the latest update by model. Subdivided into beta testers and the normal population. Tired to having the wife see something and ask if we have the latest update. Even better if Tesla showed it somewhere on their website.

Our 2017 90D MS was updated yesterday with 2018.50.6 Fart mode (which we already had), no sentry or enhanced summon.

www.teslafi.com/firmware

There are logging apps that will tell you the latest software.

Usually Tesla produces an update, and releases it internally to some management employees to get feedback and debug. Elon himself often is the prime guinney pig. Then maybe to some line employees to get additional feedback from them. Then releases it to special cases and owners with advanced access. Will let them use it for a while and monitor its usage and get more data on where it works well and where it can use some beefing up. Edge cases will occur and knowledge will be gained.

After they feel comfortable they will schedule it for a wide release. Probably because of bandwidth they release the update in batches that their system can handle. Will continue to monitor results from the early adopters and finally will get it out to most everybody. Evidently the owners that have Wi-Fi access for their cars may get it before those who have only access to cellular data.

There is also a roll out to service centers and delivery centers so that the new cars can be delivered with the latest updates possible. Owners will often request that their cars get all the updates when they are brought in for service. Some sort of geo fencing will sometimes allow owners to simply enter the parking lot and download the latest firmware.

All in all, it is a constantly evolving and improving way to get updated and more capable firmware out to the entire fleet in as efficient and dependable way as possible.

Dissatisfaction often occures when individual owners become eager to get all the stuff they read about in the forums. "What about me syndrome" :)

Elon said they are intending to have a button on owners apps that will allow them to request updates on demand. Guess that can cause all sorts of chaos for an orderly and efficient roll out, so seems to be delayed.

There are logging apps that will tell you the latest software.

Usually Tesla produces an update, and releases it internally to some management employees to get feedback and debug. Elon himself often is the prime guinney pig. Then maybe to some line employees to get additional feedback from them. Then releases it to special cases and owners with advanced access. Will let them use it for a while and monitor its usage and get more data on where it works well and where it can use some beefing up. Edge cases will occur and knowledge will be gained.

After they feel comfortable they will schedule it for a wide release. Probably because of bandwidth they release the update in batches that their system can handle. Will continue to monitor results from the early adopters and finally will get it out to most everybody. Evidently the owners that have Wi-Fi access for their cars may get it before those who have only access to cellular data.

There is also a roll out to service centers and delivery centers so that the new cars can be delivered with the latest updates possible. Owners will often request that their cars get all the updates when they are brought in for service. Some sort of geo fencing will sometimes allow owners to simply enter the parking lot and download the latest firmware.

All in all, it is a constantly evolving and improving way to get updated and more capable firmware out to the entire fleet in as efficient and dependable way as possible.

Dissatisfaction often occures when individual owners become eager to get all the stuff they read about in the forums. "What about me syndrome" :)

Elon said they are intending to have a button on owners apps that will allow them to request updates on demand. Guess that can cause all sorts of chaos for an orderly and efficient roll out, so seems to be delayed.
How in the heck does someone disagree with this? It is factual.

Funny... I never suffered from the "What about me syndrome" until I saw the M3 getting a full general availably release of something I had been waiting and waiting and waiting for... Sentry Mode. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Sentry mode was rushed out to address a rash of Model 3 break-ins.

But... you should get used to it. By end of this year, model 3s in service will outnumber Ss and Xs. It’s inevitable that software focus moves to the newer platform. I’ve got a 2012 P85 and I still get infinitely more new software features (some) than every other 7 year old car I’ve owned over 45 years combined. I guess in a way I’m lucky because I predate all AP hardware and software. Which is where the angst is.

Yeah, this is BS. The “Founders”, essentially everyone who purchased an S and an X is getting screwed and under appreciated with the fact that we paid double/triple what a Model 3 purchaser has paid. The Model 3 purchasers should not expect to receive certain perks due to their value purchase. In my mind they traded luxury for value.

I 1000% agree... When I purchased my 2nd MS in 2018 with FSD, over the air updates was an established part of the product the same way Apple provides free operating system updates. This was a promoted feature of Teslas. As such, the benefits of OTAs are something any customer could legitimately factor into their purchase decision, and with FSD, free hardware updates as-needed for FSD is also something that could be legitimately factored into the purchase decision.

This current preferential push of new features going to M3 first is wrong. All eligible cars regardless of model should get equal OTA treatment for new features (not including bug fixes of course).

Last edited:
Nice in theory but when people on the general update pool find bugs within 5 mins of installing an update I'd have to question all of what you said above.

Reactions: StefanSarzio