Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not in this situation often but I find stop-and-go traffic on a freeway to be the best use case for EAP so far. Having it stay in its lane and manage acceleration/braking has made the times I've been fighting through traffic much more tolerable. YMMV.
I agree with you on that although I don't have that use case as much as I have the highway speed/long drive use case. It just makes me more nervous to have EAP on than off in that scenario.

Summon on AP1 has been out for a while, how much longer am I supposed to wait "in the future" for it to meet me on my property?

But it's been what, 2 years now since AP1 was out? Please define "future", is that 10 years from now?

Do you really believe they'll make changes to summon on AP1?

I have 0 hope. It will never happen. I'm OK with it. But don't tell me that we're not "in the future" yet. It was taken down from the website soon after AP1 started rolling out, because they realized that they can't fulfill it. Just like "on ramp to off ramp" for AP1.
It's not happening on AP1. They've since secretly removed that "promise" or feature from their website before AP2.

As a new customer I had no idea it was never coming to AP1. I saw the video. I saw the media articles. Then after I got the car I finally realized they removed it and it will be reserved for AP2 instead. I can blame myself for not doing a more extensive research but whatever. Let's be honest this company has some serious issues in the first place selling unrealized features and the lack of transparency. Like OP said I've became desensitized in my less-than-one year of ownership.

Reactions: Max* and Swift
I agree with you on that although I don't have that use case as much as I have the highway speed/long drive use case. It just makes me more nervous to have EAP on than off in that scenario.

I find it does quite well on the open, well-marked highways we have here. The overall utility goes down with the consistent nags to hold the wheel, though. I generally just use TACC unless I need free hands for a moment.