Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Purchased 2014 85kwh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this morning I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2014 Model S 85kwh. Its a late '14 so it has AP1. The car has 50k miles on it and its pretty loaded with features. High fidelity stereo, cold weather pack, tech pack, unlimited SC, pano roof. I think it was a good deal at 36k. Unfortunately the car is in Vegas, and I have to pay 2k to ship it to NJ, but it has everything I want and its black, already tinted and has a center console. Not that I would have expected it, but no phone call yet from anyone at Tesla. I'll keep posted how my used purchase experience goes.

Just make sure the car is actually there before you buy your tickets. Several people have showed up to collect their used Tesla only to discover that the car is not there...

This is exactly what I was thinking. After reading multiple stories about buying a used Tesla, FROM TESLA, my expectations are not high. Don't get me wrong, I very excited to get my model S, but I dont expect to see her for several weeks. I expect little communication from Tesla and conflicting statements about the location and actual condition of my car. So hopefully, with this mindset, I cant be too disappointed? Kind of a crappy way to go about it, but if I had high expectations and things went wrong I'd be beyond pissed.

This is exactly what I was thinking. After reading multiple stories about buying a used Tesla, FROM TESLA, my expectations are not high. Don't get me wrong, I very excited to get my model S, but I dont expect to see her for several weeks. I expect little communication from Tesla and conflicting statements about the location and actual condition of my car. So hopefully, with this mindset, I cant be too disappointed? Kind of a crappy way to go about it, but if I had high expectations and things went wrong I'd be beyond pissed.

When I ordered my 2015 MS 85D, I didn't hear anything for 5 days. Then I got a phone call, saying I can pick my car up tomorrow! (Actually, they ended up delivering it to my house). So, total of 6 days from that mouse click till it was sitting in my garage. The scary thing is that outside of the cellphone quality pictures, you purchase without seeing the car in person, and without test driving it. You have to take a leap of faith. In my case, fortunately, the car was in very good condition. I wouldn't say it was in showroom condition, but not bad at all.

When I ordered my 2015 MS 85D, I didn't hear anything for 5 days. Then I got a phone call, saying I can pick my car up tomorrow! (Actually, they ended up delivering it to my house). So, total of 6 days from that mouse click till it was sitting in my garage. The scary thing is that outside of the cellphone quality pictures, you purchase without seeing the car in person, and without test driving it. You have to take a leap of faith. In my case, fortunately, the car was in very good condition. I wouldn't say it was in showroom condition, but not bad at all.
Was it in the same state? My car is in Vegas, and I'm in NJ.

Ok, I'm a little worried right now. In the vehicle description, on the Tesla website, it was listed as having the subzero weather package. In my account, the listed options do not include the subzero weather package. What kind of recourse do I have if the vehicle, in fact, does not have the subzero weather package but it was listed as having it? Also doesnt say anything about autopilot (which I know it has based on the pictures). Just getting my ducks in a row... thanks.

Ok, I'm a little worried right now. In the vehicle description, on the Tesla website, it was listed as having the subzero weather package. In my account, the listed options do not include the subzero weather package. What kind of recourse do I have if the vehicle, in fact, does not have the subzero weather package but it was listed as having it? Also doesnt say anything about autopilot (which I know it has based on the pictures). Just getting my ducks in a row... thanks.

You can always refuse delivery.

I picked up my 15 70d in Vegas 2 weeks ago (I live in cali), had constant communication with workers at stores and through email, was able to get confirmation before driving out there that the vehicle was at the shop, in and out in 10 min. Loving every moment everyday with this dream ride!!

So this morning I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2014 Model S 85kwh. Its a late '14 so it has AP1. The car has 50k miles on it and its pretty loaded with features. High fidelity stereo, cold weather pack, tech pack, unlimited SC, pano roof. I think it was a good deal at 36k. Unfortunately the car is in Vegas, and I have to pay 2k to ship it to NJ, but it has everything I want and its black, already tinted and has a center console. Not that I would have expected it, but no phone call yet from anyone at Tesla. I'll keep posted how my used purchase experience goes.
Nice one mate. My AP1 still awesome, better than AP2 loaners I've had.
The 85 battery also has great charging speed, better than my 75 battery.
Enjoy!

I own a December 2014 Model S. You should know that the Sub-Zero package includes all the seats and the windshield, but alas, no heated steering wheel. It is interesting that they don't list it there, you should definitely check it out. The software to run autopilot was not necessarily included with the car. The hardware will be there, but it may need to be upgraded to include autopilot. Definitely asked. Probably better to find out before they ship it then to get it there and have to refuse delivery.

By the way, I picked up mine in Phoenix drove it across country to visit the wife's parents in Tulsa and then back up to Seattle. Had a great trip!

Ok, I called my used car sales rep and left a message. He called me back within 30 minutes and we finalized everything. Now being moved to delivery team, who will call me within 2 - 4 days (a little excessive, but expected). Seems smooth so far.

I confirmed that the car does have autopilot hardware and subzero weather package. Im disappointed if in fact it doesnt have heated steering wheel, but the subzero weather package was on the very bottom of my list of wants. I also found out that this car has "premium interior lighting". What is that? Is that premium interior with lighting, just premium lighting? I cant find too much on this option. It does have black alcantara headliner and looks like it has alcantara on the dash as well. Any input on this option?

Disregard, just found info on premium light package. Just a few LEDS inside the vehicle.