Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Subscribed to FSD. Awaiting update? When will I get into beta? 2023 Model Y NON-USS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
darn. So I pretty much spent $200 for navigate on autopilot 🥴
If you want FSDb, do not install any new updates that your car downloads until a version of FSD beta is released that has a software version later than the one currently installed. Until Tesla merges FSDb into the main production software branch, the only time you will likely be able to switch to FSD beta branch is when the holiday release comes out at the end of the year.

Reactions: nguyentoogood
I wish Tesla told us about this before letting us subscribe. I also paid $100 for nothing (already have EAP so really I paid $100 for stoplight control). I bough my car in 2023 so it has a 2023 version and I didn't realize I could not install FSD until I paid $100, waited a few weeks, and then spent 30 minutes searching this forum for answers. I get it that I should have checked first but most companies wouldn't let you pay for something that isn't available and I have a few friends with FSD who encouraged me to try it so it didn't even strike me that "maybe I'll pay $100 and get nothing" was a possibility.

Does anybody have a prediction when FSDb will have a 2023 version number and therefore be installable for folks like me?

I wish Tesla told us about this before letting us subscribe. I also paid $100 for nothing (already have EAP so really I paid $100 for stoplight control). I bough my car in 2023 so it has a 2023 version and I didn't realize I could not install FSD until I paid $100, waited a few weeks, and then spent 30 minutes searching this forum for answers. I get it that I should have checked first but most companies wouldn't let you pay for something that isn't available and I have a few friends with FSD who encouraged me to try it so it didn't even strike me that "maybe I'll pay $100 and get nothing" was a possibility.

Does anybody have a prediction when FSDb will have a 2023 version number and therefore be installable for folks like me?
I agree. The language is very misleading for an ordinary consumer. I just got my Tesla. I see YouTube videos of people with FSD and I want that. I'm told my car will be FSD capable if I pay $200/month. I paid the money but there is no FSD. Since my car has no ultrasonic sensors, I can't even autopark or summon. Apparently it will pass cars on the highway and stop at a red light. It still won't navigate on country roads without lines, which is what I have here. Obviously I won't renew but I feel misled. When a software is called BETA, it is typically the newest version of software that is still being tested. I assumed I would get the previous FSD software that's not beta. I guess every FSD version that tesla ever made is called Beta. How would I know that?