Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Karstyle Facelift Price Reduced to $2,500 on Website. Deposit reduced to $500.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vendor - T Sportline 2012-2016 Tesla Model S Front Bumper Refresh (FBR)

tesla-model-s-front-bumper-replacement-after-2-jpg.193926

Ok Guys,bad news.
just back from the Tesla service here in Tempe and I had a long discussion ( he show me too....) with the mechanic. There is no way the new bumper will fit the old ms. The new one has (belive it or not) PLASTIC support to attach it to the front, the old one has iron support and most of all more rounded...( this also explains why most of the aftermarket one are not flat as the original one) so the new front flat shape , unless you do some crazy and expensive adjustments , cannot be attach on the old front frame. At this point I' ll wait some brave kamicaze attempt the mission. Good luck.

Last edited:
Ok Guys,bad news.
just back from the Tesla service here in Tempe and I had a long discussion ( he show me too....) with the mechanic. There is no way the new bumper will fit the old ms. The new one has (belive it or not) PLASTIC support to attach it to the front, the old one has iron support and most of all more rounded...( this also explains why most of the aftermarket one are not flat as the original one) so the new front flat shape , unless you do some crazy and expensive adjustment , cannot be attach on the old front frame. At this point I' ll wait some brave kamicaze attempt the mission. Good luck.

Why not just wait for the Karstyle one? I'm thinking of getting one once I hear from people that all went well, I find out how we get access behind the current nose cone, that the parking sensors work properly, etc.

Another thread suggests that Karstyle is having major financial problems. Appears they bit off more than they could chew. Are we at risk of losing our deposits and never seeing the product? Just wondering.

Maybe they did not bite off more than they could chew but it was a scam from the outset? They pressed me for a deposit when I sent them questions about the product and it raised red flags to me. I also see they are still taking deposits while telling someone to file a charge back with their bank and they go on to say:

Thanks to a key supplier awarding credit to us, we can continue to develop the bumper. If you wish to continue with your order, you still have $500 USD credit toward the purchase of a bumper. We are hoping to have a product ready to ship as soon as possible in the New Year.

But they also say:

The project is heavily in debt, and we are overdrawn at the bank, therefore, we cannot ourselves refund reservation fees when an order is cancelled.

What vendor would "award" credit to a company that is "heavily in debt"? I guess if the vendor wants to get what they are already owed then this might be possible. But they don't give the name of the vendor so the vendor can be asked if this is true. The vendor won't want to lose deposits so they should disclose the name of who is "awarding" them credit. But I highly doubt they will give you a name so you can verify.

And do we really believe the "as soon as possible in the New Year"? Does it keep getting pushed back to keep getting deposits?

I agree with what Kort677 said in the other thread about filing criminal charges. At least force them to open their books to the authorities to show everything was above board and the money was going to developing the product and not into someone's pocket.

I think criminal charges are a stretch. I've communicated with them directly and have always received straightforward replies. I think they way underestimated the costs of making this happen and that got them into trouble.There may be some naïveté at work here as well, as the chargeback comments suggest.

As someone else suggested this looks pale in comparison to ESE's carbon fiber wheels. There you're talking about at least an $8.000 commitment. I used my credit card to make a 25 percent deposit and they charged my the full $8K, which I was able to recover via chargeback 6 months or so later when it became clear they were not going to manufacture wheels anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I think criminal charges are a stretch. I've communicated with them directly and have always received straightforward replies. I think they way underestimated the costs of making this happen and that got them into trouble.There may be some naïveté at work here as well, as the chargeback comments suggest.

That's good to know. I only raised questions given the concerns.

If they always give straightforward replies, I would ask the name of the vendor that is keeping them afloat and then contact the vendor to confirm.

As a Karstyle backer on the original nose cone..I am still waiting on my refund. My payment slipped through the cracks they said though they found it, i was given the same response as they are tapped out while new tooling is going on. He used to respond to my emails, but no word in a while....

Just to got this response from Karstyle.

There’s a big announcement coming from Karstyle at the week of 20 February, both by email, and we will also be updating our website. This will include shipping dates! The Karstyle bumper product is being taken over by a company with substantial means and infrastructure. They are taking over funding, final development, shipping, and logistics, but I will still be a partner and heavily involved with designing, promoting, and marketing the company’s products. It’s great news because the product cost three times more than we expected to develop, and I ran very short of money. The company I we are partnering with own about 50 Tesla’s including every model you can think of from the very first Model S S85 Classic to the latest P100D and MX, so they are into the Tesla thing in a big way. This means so everything should go great from hereon))) …and we can make more products without having delays.

I tried to fit a facelift bumper on my older MS and the assembly tabs/holes at the top of the facelift bumper did not line up to the assembly hole area my pre-facelift MS.

All the areas around the headlamps lined up and snapped in. Yay.

The lower grille opening of the facelift is about double the size of my pre facelift autopilot grille. Boo.

The fog light opening on the pre-facelift was different dimension than the facelift. Boo.

Good thing my buddy at Tesla let me return the parts. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
I tried to fit a facelift bumper on my older MS and the assembly tabs/holes at the top of the facelift bumper did not line up to the assembly hole area my pre-facelift MS.

All the areas around the headlamps lined up and snapped in. Yay.

The lower grille opening of the facelift is about double the size of my pre facelift autopilot grille. Boo.

The fog light opening on the pre-facelift was different dimension than the facelift. Boo.

Good thing my buddy at Tesla let me return the parts. ;)

My friend is having no issues thus far just waiting on more parts
received_10208775530571220.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia