Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kerb rash / alloy scuff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry can't help, but.................... I would recommend that you get alloygators (or similar) fitted. They are not that expensive compared to the cost of refurb of 'kerbing' etc and will give you peace of mind.

Had alloygators before and dont think it is worth bothering. Fitting it is a faf and scratch the alloys (fixed by manufacturer). One of them also came loose and although refitted, coming loose on the motorway always at the back of the mind. Binned them in the end when i changed tires. Just get it fixed every couple years if required.

Model 3, 20" wheels, minor alloy scuff mark. Does anyone have details on either:

i. a product to touch up the wheels that is available in the UK, or
ii. the official Tesla colour name of the wheels?

Did this with the rear passenger side wheel twice already, I must have taken the corners too quickly, no point getting repaired as it could happen again next week

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
Model 3, 20" wheels, minor alloy scuff mark. Does anyone have details on either:

i. a product to touch up the wheels that is available in the UK, or
ii. the official Tesla colour name of the wheels?
Getting it professionally fixed will cost you about £50. Google “alloy wheel repairs” for your local area.

After having this one fixed I suggest you take out alloy wheel insurance. Mine cost £129 for three years cover, multiple claims up to £1000.

The wife has managed to scuff both rear 18” wheels, not badly, just a few small chips in a small area. I’m not too concerned about the damage visually but want to know if there is a way to protect the bare alloy metal from possible corrosion in this damp climate?

I'm surrounded by width-restricted roads. Often times I'm more concerned about the metal pillars catching my mirrors but today I heard the sickening sound of alloy meeting kerb. Hankooks provide no protection whatsoever. I'll live with it - just need to smooth it out a bit.

That's true, but it still hurts..
It is my biggest worry at the moment while driving the car, 100% attention to pot holes and kerbs. Not really anxious about range or anything else - which tells a good picture I think about the car overall.
I wouldn't change the 20" to smaller wheels either, they just look too good! and they're surprisingly comfortable.
With all my care and good intentions, I have managed to scratch most of my previous car alloys. Over time the guard is coming down and it inevitably happens. The only question is, how much time! :)