Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kerbed Alloy Wheels - Touch-Up Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: rincewind
If anyone is looking for a paint match to Model 3 Standard Range + Aero alloy wheels, I can recommend this from Amazon:

ANTHRACITE ALLOY WHEEL TOUCH UP KIT REPAIR KIT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073PY8SWF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've uploaded a photo of my 'repair' to a scuffed wheel. Although it looks a bit rough in the picture, you actually have to look quite hard to find it and I'd say the paint is an almost perfect match.

Tip: I found that the brush supplied is a bit small plus paint builds up in the handle and 'blobbed' out so I used an old plastic lid to put a dollop of paint in then used a normal craft paint brush to apply it :eek:)

Attachments

• aero-wheel.jpeg
    aero-wheel.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 987
  • Helpful
Reactions: Sparkeur and Durzel
A few threads were merged as the same info had become diluted across a number of similar threads, but the OP mentioned M3P in their title but year, variant etc unknown.

So in absence of any more confirmation, looking at previous posts, I would guess a 2020 Q4 M3 Performance.

Moderator comment - Question merged from new thread "M3P wheel touch up paint"

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
After 8 years of cars with diamond cut wheels that I’ve never marked, I managed to catch the offside front of my 2021 M3P yesterday.
does anyone have a good colour match for the 2021 20” Uberturbine wheels?

ever so slightly off topic but leasers beware -

upon lease return, the charge for a repair to a scuffed alloy is usually pretty low - £60 or so.

but the charge to make good a "unsatisfactory repair" is a lot more, and often they can bill for wheel replacement entirely if it's a dodgy repair with a touch up pen.

I say this because my lease recently went back with a couple of damaged alloys "repaired" by an accident repair co
£616 each for "unsatisfactory repair" from the lease co - if I'd have left them kerbed it would have been £60...

Similar thread with some more up to date info….

ever so slightly off topic but leasers beware -

upon lease return, the charge for a repair to a scuffed alloy is usually pretty low - £60 or so.

but the charge to make good a "unsatisfactory repair" is a lot more, and often they can bill for wheel replacement entirely if it's a dodgy repair with a touch up pen.

I say this because my lease recently went back with a couple of damaged alloys "repaired" by an accident repair co
£616 each for "unsatisfactory repair" from the lease co - if I'd have left them kerbed it would have been £60...
That's good to know. Scary/ridiculous, but useful info all the same. Thanks.

I’ve had a few messages back and forth with Chipex. Excellent responses from an excellent company.
👍end result, they’ve ordered a new uberturbine alloy to develop a better match for rim touch up.
Tell them it would make more sense to swap their new alloy for your chipped one - that way they can validate their repair kit on a real case. Win/win!

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel and MrT3