Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought two of Pete's fob cases (red with black and black with red). I have used them both all of this month, and can attest that they are well made, work well, and are stylish. I do not carry any other keys, so they are perfect for me. I can tuck one into any convenient pocket without worrying about marring either the plastic or other pocket items such as my iPhone. They do come with a split keyring for those who need to carry keys. Highly recommended! And if you want to play Maverick [at least half of this forum probably won't get it], there is room for your $100 bill under the fob . . .

Moderator, please! I wrote a number of pages ago begging that we don't make this a commercial site for Pete's cases. Pete, great if you would help with that as well. I subscribe to this because i'm interested in *different* key fob solutions, not a zillion variations of the same approach, or a zillion endorsements/orders/etc. of Pete's solution.

Moderator, please! I wrote a number of pages ago begging that we don't make this a commercial site for Pete's cases. Pete, great if you would help with that as well. I subscribe to this because i'm interested in *different* key fob solutions, not a zillion variations of the same approach, or a zillion endorsements/orders/etc. of Pete's solution.

Tomas.

No offense intended but as I read it, this thread is intended to let everyone know of Key Fob Solutions. There have been many posts about different solutions. Some of these are generic and can be made of existing household items or converted USB covers from Amazon. A forum member, and model S owner, has come up with a valuable (IMO) solution for a fob cover and has recently modified (improved?) it. I believe it is OK to share that information on an open forum/thread like this one.

When I ordered a key fob cover from Pete before I asked to be placed on an email alert list if he came out with any new products or refinements to old ones. Today I received an email notifying me a new shipment of the fob covers have come in that have some changes/improvements. So, I am sharing that news with any other interested forum/thread members/viewers.

Again, sorry if you take offense or feel that sharing this news is inappropriate.

I'd love to get one of these PeteFobs, but don't know where to order and can't find it in the 17 pages of posts--can someone PM me or post where we order these? Thanks!

Most unofficial Tesla accessories, like Pete's Fobs, the center cap T, and Teslaccessories center console are found in the Tesla Parts for Sale section:

Tesla Parts for Sale

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget key fobs, here's what I want: Forget Passwords: Nymi Knows You By Your Heartbeat | PCMag.com

The Nymi wrist band authenticates to your unique cardiac rhythm and can include gesture and proximity controls.

Check out the video, specifically 00:10-00:20! (Sorry if this has been posted before.)

Here's the video alone:

-----
Update: Found this thread from last week: NYMI bracelet video promotes Tesla Model S

great! interesting stuff like this is there reason I hate to see this thread turn into petefobs testimonial, ordering, and FAQ.

Try finding a small metal ring (mine is .3 inches diameter). They are hard to get on, I used needle nosed pliers.
TeslaKeyPhoto.JPG

My house is keyless so I don't carry a keychain, I wouldn't want to scratch the Fob either, so I just got on of the DW's hair thingy majiggy's, I think thats the word, anyway, it hangs up,has some stretch to it as it's elastic, and it's strong, is easily identifiable at the Valet, and I can use a different color for the different fobs, works really well for me.
View attachment 19006View attachment 19007 I THINK I'LL CALL IT THE EXHAUST LOOP.

+1, though the rubber? inside the fabric can wear out.

I also use them in place of wire ties--we got a "ball" of them once at a sale once for $1.00 (must have been 30 of them).

Last edited:
EXCELLENT

I tried about 5 different items and like these OP/TECH USA Mini QD Loops - 1.5mm.

View attachment 12359

You can get them at Amazon or other camera stores.

The nice features are:

1. Thicker nylon string than most similar products. Not too wide that it can be inserted.
2. Detachable
3. Shorter cord than most similar products.

Others I tried:
OP/TECH USA 1301322 System Connectors - Too wide to be inserted

COSMOS ® 2 ¼ inches Black 50 PCS Cellphone Strap with Silver Color Tone Ring - These are what Tesla are providing now except about and 1/4-1/2 inch longer. Too flimsy.

Como Silver Tone Coil Spring Link Clip Split Loop Ring Keyring Keychain - Too thick to go on and the angle isn't right.

This was EXACTLY what I was looking for and thanks for the link to Amazon.

Has anyone seen this solution from Tumi? – Zip Mini Pouch Key Fob - Tumi

Might work very nicely with the Tesla keyfob.
Would love to have TUMI, unfortunately the link is not working any more

- - - Updated - - -

Forget key fobs, here's what I want: Forget Passwords: Nymi Knows You By Your Heartbeat | PCMag.com

The Nymi wrist band authenticates to your unique cardiac rhythm and can include gesture and proximity controls.

Check out the video, specifically 00:10-00:20! (Sorry if this has been posted before.)

Here's the video alone:

-----
Update: Found this thread from last week: NYMI bracelet video promotes Tesla Model S

Have you tried it yet? If you have, please post your opinions/experience

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to get one of these PeteFobs, but don't know where to order and can't find it in the 17 pages of posts--can someone PM me or post where we order these? Thanks!

try:
http://www.abstractocean.com/

I got mine from here.
Hope it helps.