Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Known software limitations / bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I sent my new MS into service today on a few minor issues.
One of them was Auto wipers not working as expected.
Basically they just wipe and don't stop even when its dry and on "Auto".

The service rep checked around and came back saying its a known bug on HW2 cars and will be fixed in the future.

Anyone else have this problem or other "known" software limitations or bugs?

Don't worry, Jswlim. The auto wiper function is ground breaking tech from Tesla, they never work like those in any other cars. It will only work the way I / everyone wanted when driving in heavy downpour. I remember they claimed they improved it at least once in previous firmware update. To me, nothing changed.

I have a software bug in my Model X Navigation that shows the wrong arrival time consistently, even with no traffic.

Even on a short 20 min drive, it will predict an arrival time that is out by at least 15 minutes too long. On longer drives it is just funny how badly wrong it predicts arrival time.

New 8.1 update out...

However it looks like still missing from HW2 vehicles is automatic emergency braking, as well as automatic windshield wipers and high beam headlights.

There are a handful of other new features in Version 8.1, including the ability to reduce the default opening height of the falcon-wing doors in the Model X, an added ability to adjust the front-seat headrests, and the addition of user ratings and hours of operation to businesses in the navigation system. The new features are rolling out now to Tesla vehicles via an over-the-air software update.