Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Koni - Special Active (Red - Formerly FSD) and Sports (Yellow) - Coming Soon for Model 3 and Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw that as well, but I'm a bit skeptical as there it's not mentioned in any other dealer's description, and seems like the paragraph is copied from Koni's website about yellow, not red.

Koni packages them into a kit for just about every car … except Tesla. But I think that's just a typo/oversight. Hopefully Koni gets back to you.

Last edited:
Got my response from Koni. Basically they said they haven't tested the combo (red+ Eibach springs) so no guarantee.

My guess would be it should work on my LR/19" wheels as the same Koni red is also spec to work on the MYP(and M3/P for the matter), which spring height is already close to the lowering springs and have larger/stiffer wheels.

Still, looking for anyone who have experienced with this combo

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and EVChris
Would be great if someone who has tried a Koni + Eibach combo could chime in.

My concern would be that the ride height with stock length shocks leaves very little free stroke - but perhaps these shocks are designed with sufficient stroke if they are indeed also meant for performance springs. Early performance cars were considerably lower than current versions.

Got my response from Koni. Basically they said they haven't tested the combo (red+ Eibach springs) so no guarantee.

My guess would be it should work on my LR/19" wheels as the same Koni red is also spec to work on the MYP(and M3/P for the matter), which spring height is already close to the lowering springs and have larger/stiffer wheels.

Still, looking for anyone who have experienced with this combo
I have Yellow with H&R springs. The gap looks a lot more even than Eibach. The instructions for H&R lists models than should have the bump stops cut, and Model Y is not on the list, so my assumption is that they intend the stops not to be cut.

Has anyone that installed the special active shocks have any weird sounds over low speed bumps?
It sounds like a double bump or knock when I hit a bump in the road around 30kmh/20mph.
Doesn’t seem to make that sound any other time.
I checked and rechecked all the torques. Nothing was loose.
I even tried jumping in the trunk, which also made no noise (but probably looked ridiculous to my neighbours!).
It’s coming from the front.

Has anyone that installed the special active shocks have any weird sounds over low speed bumps?
It sounds like a double bump or knock when I hit a bump in the road around 30kmh/20mph.
Doesn’t seem to make that sound any other time.
I checked and rechecked all the torques. Nothing was loose.
I even tried jumping in the trunk, which also made no noise (but probably looked ridiculous to my neighbours!).
It’s coming from the front.
mine are nice and quiet. Someone had a clunk up on this thread I think? Ended up not being the strut, something on the car side? That was the rear though I think.