Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kwh monitoring is turning me into a pussyfoot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been 3+ years and 71K miles on the car, and I still drive like a grandma. I only drive on weekends, since my wife drives the kids during the work week. I like to tell myself that it's because I have the wife and kids in the car, but even when I'm driving by myself in the Model S or Rav4 EV, I find myself not turning on the A/C on hot days just to try to keep in under 300 Wh/mi. I hope when I get my Model 3, I can have some fun without guilt!

Reactions: Tazman and JPUConn
Not me.......I love to run this car flat out as often as I can.

image.jpg

When I first got car (2012), I was accelerator-happy! Then for a couple of years, I obsessed with wh/mi... just had to get that lifetime number down!

Now, almost 4 years in, I just drive it. Punch it once in a while, but don't need that thrill constantly. I always know it is there.

Agree that taking info off display helps reduce obsession.

I was explaining to a Porsche driver the other day that with Regen I very rarely use the brakes provided I anticipate the road ahead.

"I do hope you use them some of the time" he replied - I think he was shocked that I might have gone over to the Dark Side!

This is just too funny! I have 90D reserved and keep thinking should I upgrade to P90D. Looks like I should behave and stick with my current configuration!
I recommend asking for an extended test drive in a 90D. Most people would probably find that it is way faster than they realistically need or would use. I've had mine for 2 months, and still haven't launched it more than a handful of times, and never for more than about 5 seconds.

Reactions: Krebnarb