Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LA Area People, watch out! They are stealing Nose Cones Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case you guys would like to share I have great quality camera footage of the ass hat that stole my nose cone from my 85D.
This happened at 5pm in front of a bank in Northridge CA.
People all over.
The perp had paper plates.

Attachments

• IMG_0402.jpeg
    IMG_0402.jpeg
    494.7 KB · Views: 189
Very sorry this happened to you. It would be hard to get better quality video of a thief than you did, so I hope it actually ends up helping to catch these guys. But the cynical part of me is thinking: is the nose cone valued over the magic $950 amount now required to be considered a felony and have the cops do something?

Reactions: Fiddler
In case you guys would like to share I have great quality camera footage of the ass hat that stole my nose cone from my 85D.
This happened at 5pm in front of a bank in Northridge CA.
People all over.
The perp had paper plates.
Where is the rest of the video with the guys license plate as he either drove in, was leaving, or when you were parking. You should easily be able to read the license place from the offender's car (if he had one), which should lead the police right up to the guys front door. If you didn't save it, do it now before it gets overwritten with new footage.

Last edited:
Where is the rest of the video with the guys license plate as he either drove in, was leaving, or when you were parking. You should easily be able to read the license place from the offender's car (if he had one), which should lead the police right up to the guys front door. If you didn't save it, do it now before it gets overwritten with new footage.
The car had Calabasas Mercedes paper plate. No identifying info.

Sorry to hear. Ease of nosecone removal for easy access to the battery charging posts now starting to be a liability. :(
I’m thinking FB and/or news stations’ “On your side/Crimestoppers” segments will quickly identify the perp. It’s not your usual car break-in story so they’d be more apt to running the story.
I’m glad my BV is always watching/listening as well!

Last edited:
The car had Calabasas Mercedes paper plate. No identifying info.

He works at Calabasas Mercedes perhaps or they surely know him. Is it not also required in California to have a temp tag. We sometimes drove cars, many in fact for dealers with no temp tag, it was assumed with the dealer advert tag, it was new and we could drive it for short periods, moving cars etc.

Or he works for a body shop that is working on the car he is driving form Calabasas Merc. and went looking for nose cone from your car to put on a car in that body shop. He was careful to tuck the wires in from the sensors after he was done, he just does not go around stealing nose cones without purpose and care to his mission.

None of it is worth tracking down at all. Lick your wounds and move along.