Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LA Area People, watch out! They are stealing Nose Cones Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So an update here. I'm actually going to be interviewed for the news this evening.
Also, hats off to Tesla Service. They not only had the parts in stock and painted. They REFUSED payment. I have purchased 5 cars at this point, so they know me pretty well.
Tesla service is 2nd to none.
Nosecones some unpainted? What color are they before they are painted black?

The car had Calabasas Mercedes paper plate. No identifying info.
Bet he works for a dealership as a detail guy and is getting better parts for a car on their lot....

I would send the video to the GM, He might be a staff member who is not listed on their website or a customer that the sales team will remember.

Interesting that the quality was so good: 1920x1080@15 FPS

Meet the Mercedes-Benz of Calabasas Staff

Michael Franz
General Manager

[email protected]
855-744-2458

I sent them the video and Katy Adams at the Clabasas MB Dealership responded on chat this evening.. GM would like to talk to you tomorrow.... I gave them a link to this thread... I hope they catch the MFer...

Last edited:
Bet he works for a dealership as a detail guy and is getting better parts for a car on their lot....

I would send the video to the GM, He might be a staff member who is not listed on their website or a customer that the sales team will remember.

Interesting that the quality was so good: 1920x1080@15 FPS

Meet the Mercedes-Benz of Calabasas Staff

Michael Franz
General Manager

[email protected]
855-744-2458

I sent them the video and Katy Adams at the Clabasas MB Dealership responded on chat this evening.. GM would like to talk to you tomorrow.... I gave them a link to this thread... I hope they catch the MFer...
Wow. Awesome! The internet is an amazing thing. My facebook video has been seen over 15k times, the news will broadcast the incident tonight at 10.
Everyone needs to get a dashcam.
I am looking forward to speaking with them.

So here's the email I sent the GM :
Hi
So my car had some parts stolen from me yesterday the 29th. I happen to have a dashcam on the car and was able to pick up some really great footage of the perpetrator.
The reason I am coming to you is his car had Calabasas Mercedes paper plates on it.
I've shared this video all over social media. It has been seen over 15k times. I will actually be on the news tonight in the hopes to catch this guy.
So here's where you can help. Could I ask you to share this with your staff to see if anyone recognizes him, and if so to please contact devonshire division LAPD and let them know who he is.

Grand Theft #Tesla #Teslamotors | Facebook

Last edited:
Wow. Awesome! The internet is an amazing thing. My facebook video has been seen over 15k times, the news will broadcast the incident tonight at 10.
Everyone needs to get a dashcam.
I am looking forward to speaking with them. Should I call Michael tomorrow?
I would, I didnt know how to connect you two... just sent them the video and a link to the forums.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
You bought 5 Tesla's, than you have earnt some of their goodwill for sure.
Plus a smart gesture as you might buy a 6 or tell other folks :)
Sadly most car crimes are ignored or the sentences are a joke.
-If you dont respect peoples property then you dont deserve respect.

I feel sorry this happened to you. Hope he gets caught. I believe he will be.

I'm amazed that in 2018 there are still states that allow paper plates. How hard is it to get real plates for newly purchased cars at the time of sale?