Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Labor Electric Car FBT discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this fits here, it's a little o.t. but couldn't find anything closer in the Aus channel.

Can I include after market rims into my Novated Lease? Would be Getting theme before delivery of the car and as part of the initial lease sum
I have done this before and had to have the wheels on the dealer invoice for the car. Not sure if that will be easy with Tesla’s purchasing you could always ask them. I think it is the same for most accessories.

Reactions: Jmadrox
I have done this before and had to have the wheels on the dealer invoice for the car. Not sure if that will be easy with Tesla’s purchasing you could always ask them. I think it is the same for most accessories.
I was wondering if you could put them in with replacement tires as ongoing maintenance cost after purchase and spread over a year or the whole term. I know you can put replacement tires under maintenance cost, so how about packaging the tires with rims or would that be against the rules? Personally I have not replaced rims, just tires, so don't know the exact rules on this.

I was wondering if you could put them in with replacement tires as ongoing maintenance cost after purchase and spread over a year or the whole term. I know you can put replacement tires under maintenance cost, so how about packaging the tires with rims or would that be against the rules? Personally I have not replaced rims, just tires, so don't know the exact rules on this.
I’m almost certain you cannot. I think the rules are set out in the ATO website somewhere.

We shall see. Worst case you don't salary sacrifice and just get a loan for it. Then when it does pass, you salary sacrifice and pay off your loan.
That's something which I am hoping to do too. A question here though, how would the GST be treated at the time of moving from Loan to Salary sacrifice. Would you still be exempted from the GST as at purchase?

I’m almost certain you cannot. I think the rules are set out in the ATO website somewhere.
You might be on to something with that. I had a quick browse through the ATO website and noticed they list:
  • decline in value
  • registration
  • insurance
  • maintenance
  • repairs
  • fuel costs.
So unless you crack or dent the rim, forcing replacing them to go under repairs, it would most likely not be covered.

You might be on to something with that. I had a quick browse through the ATO website and noticed they list:
  • decline in value
  • registration
  • insurance
  • maintenance
  • repairs
  • fuel costs.
So unless you crack or dent the rim, forcing replacing them to go under repairs, it would most likely not be covered.
This is my understanding also from previous NLs. I tried to include a roof rack system once and they wouldn’t let me unless it was invoiced with the car from the manufacturer.

As always though, check with your accountant or leasing company directly.

Reactions: Maximillan
  • decline in value
  • registration
  • insurance
  • maintenance
  • repairs
  • fuel costs.

Obviously don't take this as advice, but with my previous lease for a 4wd, every time I got a new accessory that was replacing an existing OEM part, such as new wheels, bullbar to replace a bumper, long range tank to replace the stock tank and so on, I just lodged the receipt to my lease company for reimbursement with Replacement of damaged parts in the comments and never had a problem. Actually for the wheels and tyres I reckon I just lodged the invoice as maintenance and wasn't a problem.

Reactions: Jmadrox
Australia needs to remove the luxury car tax now. It was introduced to protect car manufacturing in Australia, and with the last of those closing 5 years ago, there's no industry left to protect.

in germany we still pay champaign tax to finance our empires warfleet for the naval arms race prior to the first world war.. once a tax is there the state wont get rid of it.