Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Labor Electric Car FBT discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's on the agenda to be discussed on Wednesday but its the last bill on the agenda. Hopefully with a sitting on Thursday if they run behind scheduled it can be reviewed the next day.
If I remember correctly, it was also on agenda last month on the last Wednesday, but they ran late on other discussions and the next day was mourning for the Queen so ended up being bumped to this month. Lets hope they finally get to it...

If I remember correctly, it was also on agenda last month on the last Wednesday, but they ran late on other discussions and the next day was mourning for the Queen so ended up being bumped to this month. Lets hope they finally get to it...
I did see mention to it in the budget but I don't think it means anything different. Just they put it in there to highlight they want to do it. Someone who knows more about the budget feel free to weigh in. I don't know a whole lot on the topic.

Hi All,

If Labor win this years election, they will be removing the Fringe Benefit Tax for electric cars under the Luxury Car Tax Threshold.

So Leasing may be a very viable option for getting a Tesla, especially those earning a higher income.

Thoughts? Discussions?
Hi,

I recently put in an order for a M3. Will be putting it through novated lease.

YMMV but the cost of the car plus tyres, maintenance, registration, insurance works out to be around $11k per year after tax

The balloon is around $21k with the car worth around the $28k mark at that time.

So it works out for an extra few thousand dollars I can have the car for 5 years with nearly all expenses paid.

Reactions: Jmadrox